Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for Admission to Class IX through Lateral Entry Test - 2013
Prospectus cum Application Form for Selection Test in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas for Admission in IX Class
During 2013 - 14 Against Vacant Seats
In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) all over the country except Tamil Nadu. These are co-educational, residential schools, fully financed by Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Though admission to these Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, in order to optimally utilize infrastructure facilities available, vacant seats at Class IX level are filled through an All India level Selection Test. While education in the schools is free including boarding, lodging, uniforms and textbooks, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month will have to be collected from the children from IX to XII Class. However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and from the families whose income is below poverty line are exempted from payment of fees.
2.0 Objectives of the Scheme
2.1 To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children from rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.
2.2 To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula; and
2.3 To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
3.0 State -wise distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
As per the provisions of the Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each district. At present, there are 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya spread over 34 States and UTs.
4.0 ADMISSION TO IX CLASS AGAINST VACANT SEATS
In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in IX class through an All India level Selection Test. The district-wise vacant seats in the Vidyalayas are separately notified in local newspapers.
5.0 HOW TO APPLY FOR JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST FOR ADMISSION IN IX CLASS
Vidyalaya wise vacant seats in IX class have already been notified. Application for admission to IX class can be made in the prescribed application proforma, attached to this Prospectus, obtainable free of charge from the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. Format of Application Form can also be downloaded from the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website, www.navodaya.nic.in, www.nvsrobhopal.com.
6.0 HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM
Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach the office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district on or before Monday, the 20th May 2013. Duly filled in application forms must be sent through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is advised to get the acknowledgement from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
7.0 ISSUE OF ADMIT CARD
Admit Card for appearing at the Selection Test will be issued to the candidates by Monday, the 10th June 2013. If the candidate does not get the Admission Card latest by Tuesday, the 18th June 2013, he/she must contact the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for obtaining the same.
8.0 VENUE & DATE OF THE SELECTION TEST
Selection Test for admission to IX class will be conducted on Sunday, the 23st June, 2013 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of concerned district.
9.0 RESULT OF SELECTION TEST
Result of the Selection Test will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in selected local newspapers. Selected candidates will also be intimated by post.
- Only those candidates who have studied in class VIII during the Academic Session 2012-13 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
- Candidate appearing for the selection test must pass Class VIII in the academic session 2012-13 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before 01.05.1997 and after 30.04.2001. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate in case a doubt regarding age certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given.
The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students.
12.0 SELECTION AND ADMISSION
- Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as date of birth, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test are not communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- At the time of admission, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) categories will have to produce the required Scheduled Caste/Tribe Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Date of Examination – Sunday, the 23rd June 2013
- Duration - Three hours (10.00 Am to 1.00 PM)
- Centre for examination shall be in the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned.
- Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi.
14.0 COMPOSITION OF THE TEST
Selection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be Class VIII.