AIMS Portal: In the era where every department is shifting towards digitalization, the Indian Railways also took a step and launched ‘AIMS Portal’ which is an acronym for ‘Accounting & Information Management System’. It was earlier known as the ‘Integrated Payroll & Accounting System (IPAS)’. Through this portal, the Indian railways will be able to maintain the payroll processing & financial work of the railway employees and it will be supervised under the guidance of the Accounts & Finance Department, Indian Railways. Inside this article, we’ve provided some prime topics which will help you in understanding more about the AIMS Portal 2023.
The portal was launched in 2013 through which the employees can easily access their personal & financial data which includes their salary, Provident Funds (PFs), IT (Income Tax) projections & initiate downloading of Payslip. To get portal access, each employee has to get themselves registered through the online medium (aims.indianrailways.gov.in). Keep reading this article as it contains some important sections related to Accounting Information Management System Portal.
Accounting Information Management System Portal: An Overview
|Portal Name||AIMS Portal|
|Supervised By||Accounts & Finance Department, Indian Railways|
|Employee Service Portal||Railway Employee Self-Service (RESS)|
|Benefits||Digital management of accounts & finances|
AIMS Portal Purpose
The main purpose of the AIMS/IPAS portal is to capture employee data to process the payroll, maintain loans & leave records, generate various kinds of bills for employees & contractors, generation & printing of cheques and maintain earnings & expenditure expenses for the department. The system is comprehensive & user-friendly for carrying out financial activities in the railway office.
Benefits of the AIMS/ IPAS Portal
The various benefits of the AIMS/ IPAS Portal are as follows:
- It acts as a centralized solution which helps to easily manage the entire infrastructure.
- Industry-standard n-tier J2EE architecture.
- Create reusable assets for future use.
- Reduced TCO due to economy in support & licensing costs.
- AIMS/ IPAS is broadly divided into two categories Personnel Modules and Financial Modules:
- Personnel modules include like payroll processing, leave, loan, TA, Income tax, electricity, quarter etc.
- Financial Modules include accounts books, Provident Funds (PF), pension, budget, suspense etc.
Role of Normal User in AIMS/IPAS Portal
The role of the Normal User in the AIMS/IPAS portal is mentioned below:
- To check the pages of employee bio-data.
- Report all necessary changes in the Father’s Name, DOB, Date of appointment, PAN No, Designation code, Place of posting, Department, Pay band, grade pay & rate of pay to DBA.
- Enter change card like TA entry through the misc program.
- Enter any type of advances sanctioned during the month.
- Check the LIC recovery details, if the Policy number is incorrect then rectify it.
- Enter the festival advance sanctioned in the month under the current tab, and simultaneously enter details for recovery under the Loan tab so that from next month recovery starts automatically.
- Check all details on all pages under the change data entry.
- Post vetted TA to salary (if any).
- Check the correct allocation for your bill unit. Check whether Electric charges, CUG recovery, Diet Charges & Incentives for workshop staff (who are eligible) have been posted or not.
- Keep your bill in the Initialised stage after you enter the data for a month.
- Make it a habit to reset the bill, process and then forward it to IC every month on the prescribed date. So that any data posted from the back end can be incorporated into your bill.
- List out all the discrepancies in Staff Name, Bank Details, Staff Ac No or any new staff transferred into the unit, and report these errors to the Data Base Administrator (DBA) nominated for your unit.
- Always count the number of staff before forwarding it to the IC.
Provident Fund (Personnel/Executive)
- Enter the employee details in the application tab.
- Check the eligibility as per the clause given in the PF withdrawn form.
- When the competent authority confirms the PF withdrawal after putting his/her signature on the PF form, go to the ‘Sanctions’ tab.
Provident Funds (Accounts)
- Register the PF withdrawal form present on the portal.
- After CO6 generation bills go for passing.
- Users authorised for examining the bill can Pass or Return the bill.
What Is RESS?
Railway Employee Self-Service (RESS) portal is developed by CRIS under the AIMS portal. It works best in Modern Browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc. With the help of this portal, an employee gets easy access to his/her financial and personal data. The employee must register themselves on the portal to view their Personal details, Salary, PF, Loans and Income Tax Projections and to download Pay Slips.
How to register at AIMS RESS Portal?
Before applying for the registration, the user has to keep the following pointers in mind:
(a) Aadhaar Card No. & Mobile No is updated in IPAS and the permission to update the Aadhar Card No & Mobile No is given to the Pay Bill Clerks. The Aadhaar Card No & DOB are printed on the Pay Slip. (b) The initial password will be sent to the registered mobile number of the user and the permission of the user is very important as per the TRAI guidelines. The user has to send an SMS to (08860622020) and it will be a one-time exercise that the user has to do before the registration.
- The user has to type SMS START and sent it to 08860622020.
- After the registration of the number, the user will receive an initial password on their contact number.
- Open the RESS official website (aims.indianrailways.gov.in/mAIMS).
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ link given on the right side of the page.
- Write your Employee No, Mobile No, and DOB and then press the ‘Submit’ box.
- After the verification of details, the user will be registered and you’ll be redirected to the RESS home page.
- The Home Page will be showing the details about the employee. Enter those details such as Bio-Data, Salary, Provident Fund, Loans & Advances and Income Tax.
- Submit the details and you’ll get access to login into the portal.
How to regenerate the AIMS Portal Login password?
The steps through which you can regenerate your RESS forgotten password are available below:
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the AIMS login page.
- The system will ask for your User ID, Mobile No & DOB.
- Enter the above-asked details and press ‘Submit’.
- The system will verify the registered details and then the user will have to enter the password sent to the registered mobile number.
- After setting up the new password, the welcome page of the application will appear on your screen.
- You can now login into the RESS portal with the help of your new password.
How to access AIMS Portal?
To get the benefit of the AIMS portal, the employees have to login into the AIMS portal whose steps are given below:
- Land on the AIMS portal (aims.indianrailways.gov.in).
- Enter your User name, and Password and then tap on the ‘Submit’ box.
- After the successful login, you’ll be able to check your information such as employee data, leave, salary etc.
Procedure to renew the AIMS forgot password
Under this section, we’ve explained the steps through which you can renew your AIMS forgotten password:
- Tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ given on the AIMS portal login page.
- Enter your User Id, Employee No, DOB, Mobile No, Salary A/c No.
- Then press the ‘Generate OTP’ option.
- An OTP will arrive on your registered mobile number.
- Submit the OTP in the space asked.
- After the submission of OTP, a new password will be sent to the employee’s registered mobile number.
- Note down that password on the blank box given on the screen.
- At last, the welcome page will get open and you can login into the portal with your new password.
Download AIMS RESS Salary Slip
The RESS salary slip/ payslip can be checked from the official portal and also from RESS mobile app. With the help of the following steps you can download your RESS salary slip using the official portal or the mobile app:
Using Official Portal:
- Visit the RESS official portal (aims.indianrailways.gov.in/mAIMS).
- Login into the portal by using your Employee ID & Password.
- The RESS main page will get open.
- Select the option of ‘Salary’ and choose any one from the following options (Salary/Yearly Summary/Supplementary Income).
- Click on the option as per your personal choice.
- The Salary option will allow you to download the pay slip of a selected month.
- Through Yearly Summary option you can download the pay slip for the particular year.
- After choosing the option, submit the details asked on the page.
- The complete details of your selected option will be appearing on your screen.
- Download the file in the pdf format and for future use take out its printout along with multiple photocopies.
Using RESS Mobile App:
- Open ‘Google Play Store’ on your mobile phone.
- On the search box, type ‘RESS’ and tap on the ‘Install’ box.
- Wait for a few minutes till the completion of installing process.
- Once the app is installed on your mobile phone/computer, log in by using your employee id & name.
- Press the ‘Salary’ link after opening the app.
- Under the drop-box of salary, choose between salary/yearly summary/supplementary income.
- Then select the Year & Month given under the drop-box only.
- Mark on the ‘Submit’ tab and a new page will be showing the salary details of the option you selected.
- After checking all the details, download it in the pdf file for future reference.
How to register using RESS App?
After the successful installation of the RESS app on the mobile phone, the process that railway employee has to follow to register from the RESS mobile app are as follows:
- Open the RESS app downloaded on your mobile phone.
- SMS Alert.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ link given on the app.
- Submit the blank spaces with the details asked such as Employee No, Mobile No &DOB.
- A verification code will be sent to the employee’s mobile number.
- Enter the verification code inside the space given on the app.
- After submitting the details, the registration will be completed successfully.
- The verification code sent earlier will be the login password for the RESS app.
Method to check Supplier Bill Status
Keep reading the following steps and you’ll get to know how to check Supplier Bill Status:
- Visit the main page of the AIMS portal i.e. aims.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Scroll down and tick on ‘Supplier Bill Status’.
- Now select the Railway, Date and tap on the ‘Go’ box.
- The status of the selected railway will appear on your screen.
Information available inside the RESS App
The registered users will be able to see the following information inside the RESS App:
- User Bio-data.
- Option to download Pay slip/ Salary slip.
- Detailed information about the salary.
- Supplementary salary details (Financial Year wise).
- Family Details.
- Leave Balances.
- PF ledger and also the last PF withdrawal application.
- Income Tax projections & deductions.
- All the NPS recoveries during the Financial year.
- Details about Loans & Advances.
AIMS Portal Important Links
Initially known as ‘Integrated Payroll and Accounting System’, the AIMS portal was launched back in the year 2013.
Yes, there is an android app for railway employees with the same name as ‘RESS’ which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Every railway employee who has a valid User Id & Password can log in to the system and access the information.
The authority to do the changes in the employee details has been given to the Database Administrator (DBA).
No, both the portals have different login credentials.
You can check your login history form where you can the information about your entries into the portal & to avoid unauthorised permission don’t share your ID & Password with any outsider.
For any kind of query, you can leave your comments in the comment section below. Our team will try to solve it as soon as possible.