Anupam Mittal Biography: Have you ever imagined that you’ll find your soulmate online? What if we tell that you can go through all the details about the groom or bride just by exploring their profile on the World Wide Web and if your answer is yes then you must have tried different types of matrimonial sites and the first site whose name comes on top of every Indian is ‘Shaadi.com’ which changed the whole concept of arranged marriage in our country and that man is ‘Anupam Mittal’. He was born in Mumbai and is happily married to Aanchal Kumar and the proud father of a daughter.
Anupam Mittal is one of the sharks (judge) out of seven sharks who participated in the Indian reality show Shark Tank which is currently broadcasting on Sony Tv. Anupam Mittal is the founder and CEO of People Group and the famous Indian matrimonial site ‘Shaadi.com’ which was earlier named as ‘Sagaai.com’. He has also invested in multiple Bollywood films and is a producer of films like Flavour and 99. Although he faced loads of ups and downs in his life as a business tycoon but stood like a rock with his family supporting his back.
Anupam Mittal Biography: Overview
|Owner Name||Anupam Mittal|
|DOB||23rd Dec 1971|
|Education||MBA from Boston College|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Writing & Reading|
Anupam Mittal Early Life
Anupam Mittal was born on 23rd Dec 1971 to Gopal Krishna Mittal and Bhagwati Devi Mittal and is presently living in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He pursued his Post Graduation from Boston University, Massachusetts, United States. After completing his post-graduation he did a major in Operations and Strategic Management from 1994 to 1997.
Anupam Mittal and Shaadi.com
In 1997, Anupam started the Shaadi.com matrimonial site that provides the platform and opportunities to meet future life partners. In the earlier phase, it was difficult for people to trust the website and select a future life partner but Anupam never quit and kept working on privacy by taking customers reviews and keep pushing his limits to reach his goal. After facing loads of losses he finally get success when the company started running properly when the subscribers started giving a positive response towards the decision of opting Shaadi.com for marriage.
Currently, the company has over 3 million successful matchmaking tales and is considered one of the best and most trusted online matchmaking sites across Asia. According to the sources, Shaadi.com became one of the best matrimonial sites in major countries like Pakistan, Canada, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, USA etc. In the year 2008, Shaadi.com became the most prominent Asian matrimonial website with millions of subscribers. Currently, the company has 300 million subscribers and 3.2 million success tales worldwide till now.
Anupam Mittal Net Worth
Till today, Anupam has invested in more than 94 firms through his ventures and has over 94 different companies under his portfolio which make his net worth around $23 million per year.
Anupam Mittal Investments
- Anupam Mittal invested ₹5.4 Cr in 24 busineeses on ‘Shark Tank India’.
- He invested majorly in those companies which was led by youngsters, women & families.
- He has invested about 1 Cr in OLA and holds 2% of company’s stock.
- The reason why Mittal invested his money in those businesses was that he was thrilled to see around 20 companies that came from Tier-II and Tier-III cities & Rural India. He wants those businesses to come into power and show the world what they are capable of by coming out of their shell and breaking all kinds of stereotypes.
- The list of companies in which Anupam has invested his money is given in the following table:
|limo by rBus|
|Little Eye Labs|
|Skippi Ice Pops|
Anupan Mittal’s Other Projects
- In March 2005, he founded and incorporated the mauj.com application which provide content related to mobiles such as gaming apps, mobile wallpapers, roaming apps etc.
- In 2007, he launched an online real estate portal in India called ‘Makaan.com’ where the buyers and sellers of different properties search for the same at reasonable prices.
- In 2004, Anupam Mittal was the founder and former chairperson of the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- Anupam Mittal is a broad member of LetsVenture Online & Zepo. He works as an advisor at Shaadisaga, Grip and Kae Capital.
Anupam Mittal Personal Life
The shark is married to Aanchal Kumar a model turned actress who appeared in many movies like Bluffmaster and Fashion in cameo roles. She also participated in the fourth season of Bigg Boss and has received several modelling honours. The couple is blessed with a daughter. In an interview, Anupam shared that his wife played a very important role because she was there by his side even when he was losing faith in himself only but she kept pushing him and kept motivating him to achieve what he is capable of.
- Anupam was in the Week Magazine among the top 25 people who were frequently searched.
- He was listed among India’s top 50 Most Powerful People.
- In 2012-13, he was listed by IMPACT Digital Power amongst the top 100 Icons of India’s Digital Ecosystem.
- Later, Mittal was listed in the top 100 NRI’s in North America and was honoured as the Entrepreneur of the Year by IT People.
- He is the recipeint of the Karmaveer Puraskar.
- Shaadi.com wins Silver in Digital Marketing Media Awards (2013).
- The company received the ‘Best Use of Social Media in Marketing Award’ at the 12th Indira Award.
- Shaadi.com wins at the 3rd India Digital Awards.
- Winner of the Bronze at the Internationalist Awards.
- The company won Best e-Commerce site Award.
- Shaadi.com voted as the Best Matromonial Website in 2011.
Anupan Mittal Social Media Accounts
The Bottom Line
We hope that you were able to collect every detail regarding the Anupam Mittal inside this article. For feedback, leave your comments below.