Covid Vaccine Registration for 18+ year: Cowin Vaccination process in India has stepped into its third phase. Now, Government has started inoculating 18+ citizens of the country. It has also made online Covid Vaccine registration compulsory for every 18+ person who is going to get vaccinated. The Cowin Vaccine Registration process is currently active and can be done through an online portal or other authorised mobile applications.
- 1 Cowin Vaccine Registration Online State Wise
- 2 Features of 18+ Cowin Vaccination Registration
- 3 Cowin Vaccination Work Flow
- 4 How Register for Covid Vaccine online?
- 5 FAQs- Covid Vaccine Registration
Cowin Vaccine Registration Online State Wise
As the second wave of Covid in India is hitting hard, it becomes important for every individual who is eligible to get vaccinated as soon as possible. The vaccination drive for the third phase was started from 1st May 2021 across the country. All the citizens who are above the age of 18 years are being vaccinated under the third phase of Cowin vaccination. As registration is must for vaccination, the Government started online registration on 28th April 2021 and vaccination drive from 1st May.
Those who haven’t got their jab yet and are wondering how they can register for vaccination are on the right page. Here, they are going to get each and every information about Covid Vaccination Registration.
Covid Vaccine Registration Information
|Article||Cowin Vaccine Registration|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), GoI|
|Program||Covid-19 Vaccination Program|
|Current Phase||Phase 3|
|Commencement of Registration for phase 2||1st March 2021|
|Commencement of Registration for Phase 3rd||1st May 2021|
|Beneficiary||18+ and above citizens|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Vaccination Cycle||2 Dose (2nd dose after 12 to 16 weeks of 1st dose)|
|Vaccine used||Covishield & Covaxin|
Aroga Setu App
Features of 18+ Cowin Vaccination Registration
- The third phase of covid vaccination in India started on 1st May 2021.
- Under this vaccination drive, all the citizens who are 18 and above can get inoculated.
- The vaccination process of 18+ is currently active across the country.
- Registration is compulsory for every citizen before vaccination.
- Vaccination registration can be done online using Cowin portal, Arogya Setu or UMANG App.
- Under the Self-Registration module of Cowin, a maximum of 4 beneficiaries can be registered through a mobile number.
- Eligible individuals can get vaccinated at any of the designated Government or Private vaccination centres.
- Vaccination is free at Government centers (depends on state govt. policy) while at private centres, citizens have to pay the requisite amount.
- Citizens can select vaccine as per their choice.
- Separate vaccination centres have been established for 45+ citizens and 18+ citizens.
- At the time of registration, one can select their preferred vaccination center.
- Even, one can select a vaccination time slot as per their convenience.
- The registration window is opened for a certain time and within that applicant have to register and get an appointment.
- One can also reschedule the vaccination date.
- Currently, there are only two vaccination i.e. Covishield and Covaxin are available and both have two doses. The third vaccine i.e. Sputnik-V will be joining the vaccination drive in the coming days.
- As we can notice that several states are going through a shortage of vaccine, we advise citizens to stay calm and schedule an appointment as soon as possible. At the same, it is also advisable for each individual not to rush to the vaccination centre without an appointment.
Eligibility for Third Phase of Vaccination
All the citizens who are of age 18 years or above are eligible for this vaccination drive.
Documents Required for Cowin Vaccination Registration
Those who are going to register for the vaccine should note that they also have to provide details of their photo identity card which will then be verified on the day of vaccination. They can provide any of the following id proof at the time of registration-
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC)/ Voter Id
- Pension Passbook
- NPR Smart Card
Note: You must note that you have to take the identity proof (that you have provided at the registration) to the vaccination center on the scheduled date. At the vaccination center, your photo id card will be verified before the process of inoculation.
Cowin Vaccination Work Flow
Have a look at the workflow of the registration through CoWIN portal and vaccination process given below-
- Registration- Registration is the first steps to enter the vaccination drive. For this phase, citizens have been given only an option of online registration. To get vaccinated, they must have to complete the self-registration process first.
- Login- Government has made registration and login process quite simple so that each and every citizen can use it easily without any hassle. After registration on portal, users have to login with the registered mobile no.
- Schedule Appointment – Once user has successfully logged in, he/she can proceed to schedule appointment for vaccination. They can select Vaccination centre and time slot as per their preference and convenience. They can also reschedule their appointment.
- Confirmation of Appointment – If slot selected by the user is available, then their appointment will get confirmed. After confirmation it can be downloaded by the user.
- Vaccination Completed- On the scheduled date, users have to visit the allocated vaccination center and get themselves vaccinated. They must note that their id proof will be verified there. Thus, they must carry one with themselves at the vaccination center.
How Register for Covid Vaccine online?
Under the third vaccination drive, 18+ citizens can get vaccination only if they have registered. No, walk-in vaccination and other options are available for this phase. You have to self-register before visiting the vaccination center. Registration for Covid vaccination can be done through three mediums. These are-
- Cowin Official portal
- Arogya Setu
- Umang App
In this section, we have explained the complete online registration process for all three ways. So, let’s start with the registration on the Cowin portal.
Vaccine Registration on Cowin Portal
- Step 1– Start By visiting the official portal. Link shared below.
- Step 2- Click on the “Register” link given on the homepage of the portal.
- Step 3- Enter your mobile no. and click on “Get OTP” option.
- Step 4- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Verify the OTP.
- Step 5- After successful OTP verification, welcome window will open. Click on “Register Member” link.
- Step 6- On registration page, you have to provide photo id proof detail, name, gender and date of birth details. Click on Register button.
- Step 7- Registration will be complete and you will be added as the beneficiary. Your account details will appear on the screen. If you want to add other members, click on “Add Member” button and follow the aforementioned process.
- Step 8 – After successful registration, you can proceed with scheduling the appointment for vaccination. Click on “Schedule” link to proceed further.
- Step 9- Now, enter PIN or Search by District option to complete the appointment process.
- Step 10- Now, a list all the vaccination center available in your district will appear with other details. Select the preferred vaccination center for 18+ people. Once you select you will be redirected to a new page.
- Step 11- Now, time slot selection page will open. On this page you have to select the time slot as per your convenience and click on “Confirm” button.
- Step 12- Now, you appointment will be booked finally and a confirmation slip will open. You can download this slip.
You can visit the concerned vaccination center as the time slot. Do not forget to carry your Photo Id which you mention in the appointment details.
Rescheduling of Appointment
If you want to reschedule your appointment you can also do that. Follow the given steps to reschedule your appointment-
- After the appointment, open your appointment page.
- Click on reschedule option.
- Select a new slot and confirm it.
|COWIN Self Registration Link||https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/|
|Arogya Setu App Registration||Click Here|
|UMANG App Registration||Click Here|
|Corona Curfew ePass||Click Here|
|NVSRO Home||Click Here|
FAQs- Covid Vaccine Registration
18+ Registration for vaccination was started from 28th April 2019 and is still open for all eligible individuals.
Yes, you have to compulsorily register on authorized portal. However, registration is not important for citizens above 45+.
You can register through self-registration module on CoWIN portal. Apart from this, you can also register through Arogya Setu and UMANG App.
You can add three more individuals with you to a single mobile number.
No, walk-in vaccination facility or On site registration or Facilitated Cohort registration is available. Applicants have to register only through aforesaid modes.
Advance registration for vaccination is completely free on all registration platforms.
In this case, he can take help from his friend as one person can register 3 more people with a mobile number.
Yes, you can register without Aadhaar provided you must have another photo id proof with you. You can use any of the following id proof for registration-
Driving License, PAN card, Passport, Pension Passbook, NPR Smart Card, Voter ID (EPIC).
Any query related to Covid Vaccine Registration, you can comment in the respective section below. Our team will provide a quick solution to your queries.