Delhi Taxi Driver Help Scheme Rs. 5000: The coronavirus pandemic has affected the livelihood of every citizen across the country. To control its spread, the government is enforcing various preventive measures. In view of rising cases in the state of Delhi, the government has announced a complete lockdown over the state. With the ongoing lockdown and pandemic, it is quite difficult for poor people to survive as their sources of income have been ceased. Thus, Chief Minister, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal has formulated a scheme to reach the Taxi, Auto, and e-Rickshaw drivers.
If you are a resident of Delhi resident and are working as Auto, e-Rickshaw, or cab drivers, the following article is a must-read for you. Here, in the post, we have summarized every crucial aspect of the scheme including its application procedure.
- 1 Delhi Taxi Driver Help Scheme 2021
- 2 Objectives: Delhi Rupees 5000 Sahayata Yojana
- 3 Who can apply for the Delhi Taxi Drivers Help Scheme?
- 4 How to apply for the Delhi Taxi Driver Rs. 5000 Help Scheme 2021?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Delhi Taxi Driver Help Scheme 2021
Due to prevailing conditions of COVID-19, the poor families have been hit worst. While announcing the scheme, the CM said that it is the sole responsibility of the state govt. to look after the deprived and underprivileged households of the state. The scheme was initiated during the first wave of the COVID-19 and has been reintroduced in the existing second wave.
Under the Delhi Taxi Driver Help Scheme, the government will sanction financial aid of INR 5000 to the Auto/ Taxi/ e-Rickshaw drivers. With this financial help, the eligible vehicle drivers will be able to emerge from their current economic conditions. Only the drivers with a valid DL and are holders of civil transport vehicle badges will be entitled to the scheme benefits. The amount will help with surviving in such financial hardships.
As mentioned, Rs. 5000 will be allocated to each eligible cab/ auto/ e rickshaw driver. Incentives will be transferred directly to the bank account to the selected list of the beneficiaries via DBT mode. In order to avail of its benefits, the public transport drivers need to register themselves on the official portal of the Delhi Transport Department or Delhi eDistrict and apply for the same thereafter. Amidst the pandemic, the registration ad application processes have been made online and simple.
Brief Description of the Delhi Taxi Driver Rs. 5000 Help Scheme 2021
|Name of the Scheme||Delhi Taxi Driver Help Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal|
|Higher Authority||Government of Delhi|
|State Department||Delhi Transport Department|
|Beneficiaries||Auto/ Taxi/ e-Rickshaw drivers|
|Objectives||To help the poor people amidst the COVID-19 pandemic|
|Benefits||Monetary benefits of INR 5000|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website||edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/ transport.delhi.gov.in|
Objectives: Delhi Rupees 5000 Sahayata Yojana
A nationwide lockdown was announced last year in March 2020 by the PM, Sh. Narendra Modi to control the spread of the lethal virus. Even after, so many restrictions and preventive measures, the virus continued to grow. As a result, many people died and many industries were shut down. This disturbed the economy of the state adversely, thus, many lost their jobs.
To extend a helping hand to the poor sections of the society, Delhi government introduced this scheme, called Delhi Taxi/ Auto/ E Rickshaw Driver Assistance Scheme. Under this scheme, the prime benficiaries will be the authorized public transport drivers. The scheme will grant monetary bnefits of Rs. 5000 to the said beneficiaries. Consequently, it will a silver lining for them at such difficult times. Further, the government will also gradually retain their economy.
Benefits: Delhi Taxi, Auto, e-Rickshaw Driver Assistance Scheme
With the aforementioned objectives and goals, the scheme has following benefits to offer. Check below.
- Eligible beneficiaries will be able to acquire monetary help of Rs. 5000 under the scheme.
- The economic conditions of the public transport vehicle drivers will improve.
- Delhi government will extend the required assistance during the unprecedented times of the deadly coronavirus.
- Since the more hazardous second wave of the virus has begun, therefore, the incentives worth Rs. 5000 is of great significance for poor households.
- The sanctioned funds will be directly credited to the driver’s bank accounts via DBT medium of payment.
Who can apply for the Delhi Taxi Drivers Help Scheme?
There are some certain eligiblity criteria set by the concerned authorities of the state government to extend the scheme benefits. Hence, the applying drivers must go through the following conditions before applying for the Delhi Drivers Assistance Scheme.
- Only the permanent residents of the Delhi state can apply for the scheme.
- There is no cap on the category of the applicant.
- The applicants must be engaged in the driving profession.
- Drivers of Taxi, Auto, RTVs, e-Rickshaws, Phatphat Sewa, Gramin Sewa, and other public transport are eligible to apply.
- The applying drivers must be poor.
- Possession of a PSV badge and an authorized Driving License is mandatory.
- In case, the DL of a driver had an expiration date of or after 1st Feb 2020, he/ she is still eligible to apply for the scheme.
List of Documents Required
Drivers who meet the eligibility standards for the Delhi Taxi Driver Rs 5000 Help Scheme must make sure to keep the following list of documents handy in order to apply for the same.
|ii||PSV Badge Number|
|iii||Proof of Identity|
|iv||Proof of Income|
|v||Proof of Residence|
|vi||Bank account details|
|vii||Other documents, as required by the authorities|
- Apart from this, the applicant must have an active mobile number to communicate with the scheme officials.
- The applicants must ensure that the Aadhaar card number is linked with the concerned bank account. If not, one must approach the bank for the Aadhaar seeding process.
How to apply for the Delhi Taxi Driver Rs. 5000 Help Scheme 2021?
Due to the ongoing pandemic of the fatal coronavirus, it was necessary to restrict the people’s movement and maintain social distancing. In view of these points, the government of Delhi has digitalized the application process for the scheme. The eligible beneficiaries can apply while being at their respective homes in a very easy manner within the stipulated time period. The online procedure for the same has been described below. Follow the steps given below to apply for the said scheme.
- Open the official portal of the Department of Transport, Delhi.
- Search for the application form for the Delhi PSV Drivers Rs. 5000 Help Scheme.
- As you click on it, an application form will appear.
- Enter all the requisite details in the corresponding fields, such as:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Driving License Details
- Aadhaar Card number
- PSV Badge Number
- Bank Account Details
- Review the application form before the final submission of the form.
- If everything is correct, submit the duly-filled scheme application form.
Upon successful submission of the form, the concerned officials will verify the details and approve our application for the sanction of Rs. 5000 to your registered bank account.
Note: For the drivers who have already procured the scheme benefits in the year 2020, there is no need to reapply for the scheme. The funds will be automatically credited to the bank accounts of those beneficiaries for the year 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delhi Taxi Driver Rs 5000 Help Scheme is a unique initiative by the Delhi government to assist the taxi, auto, e-rickshaws, maxi cabs, and other public transport service drivers with a financial aid of Rs. 5000 during the lethal second wave of the coronavirus in the state.
The aim of the scheme is economically support the poor households across the Delhi state amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under the scheme, the beneficiaries will be granted financial support of INR 5000 during the tough times of the prevailing second wave of the deadly COVID-19 virus.
Yes, you can still apply for the scheme. As of now, the validity of those Driving Licenses that expired after the date of 1st Feb 2020 has been extended up to 30th June 2021.
You can apply for the scheme in a very easy online manner through the official website of the Delhi Transport Department or eDistrict Delhi Portal. The complete details refarding the same has been covered in the above article.
All the PSV badged drivers are eligible to apply for the scheme, which includes authorized drivers of auto, electric rickshaws, taxis, maxi cabs, eco-friendly service, school cabs, rural services, etc., provided they possess a valid Driving License under their names.
No, the scheme benefits are only for the independent owners of the para-transit automobiles and not for the traveling companies or private organizations owning vehicle fleets.
Post your queries/ suggestions in regard to the above article in the comment section below.