e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme: Odisha government has taken another step towards the upliftment of meritious students. Learners aspiring to become successful in their walk of life can pursue the career of their choice by applying for this program. The last date to apply for this scholarship program is 31st January 2023. For more details, such as the eligibility, application procedure and amount, read this complete article.
e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme: Overview
This program is only for those appearing for higher education and who have successfully passed their secondary education from a government-acknowledged board. The applicants should ensure particular criteria before filling out the form for this scholarship program. The bursary amount received by the students is up to 10 000 rupees per annum. Here is an overview of this plan:
|Scholarship Name||e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme|
|Offerer||Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha|
|Scholarship Amount||up to 10,000 rupees|
|Programs||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Technical and Professional|
|Application begins||20th December 2023|
|Application ends||31st January 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for the e-Medhabruti scholarship
This program is an initiative towards the promotion of higher education among the youth of Odisha. Those who want to pursue the degree of their choice and wish to complete their higher education program can read the following conditions:
- The candidate should be a permanent local of Odisha.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than Six lacks.
- Applicant should have 60% minimum scores in the last competent examination.
- Applications should be submitted in the first year of the degree course.
- Educational Qualifications for the various programs:
|UNDERGRADUATE||Class 12th with at least 60% marks from CHSE, CBSE, ICSE or equivalent board.||Three-year regular degree course from a recognised university.|
|POSTGRADUATE||Graduated with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognised institution.||A non-professional postgraduate degree course from a government-recognised university.|
|TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL||Gained at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination.||A regular technical or professional course from a government-acknowledged university.|
Courses eligible for the e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme
Here is the list of all the courses that will be considered for the e-Medhabruti Scholarship. If you are studying in the first year of any of these courses, then you are eligible for the scheme:
|UNDERGRADUATE||Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Three-year bachelor programs in Journalism||6000|
|POSTGRADUATE|| Law, Master in Social Work, Master in Social Management, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Tourism/Travel Management, Journalism, M. A., M. Com., M. Sc.,||2500|
|TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL||B. Sc. Technical/Professional, Bachelor of Tourism & Hospitality Management.|
Engineering – B.Tech Course, Fishery, Forestry, Homeopathy, HM
Integrated courses in M.Sc, MBA, MCA, Law and Management,
MCA, MFC, MBA, M. Sc., M. Tech
Medical: Agriculture & Allied Sciences, Pharmacy, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Dental, Ayurvedic, Animal Husbandry
Social Works etc. Tourism/Travel Management, Architecture,
How to apply for the Odisha e-Medhabruti scholarship?
The applications can be filled out via online mode. Follow these steps to apply for the scholarship programs initiated by the government of Odisha.
- Visit the State Scholarship Portal of the Odisha Government.
- A Category-wise list will appear for the scholarship.
- Select your category and program.
- Click on the green apply button.
- Register yourself by OTR.
- Select the green “I agree” option after reading the terms and conditions.
- Do not forget to click the small square box in the pink tab.
- Again Click I agree and proceed to the registration form.
- Fill in your aadhaar number, name, date of birth and other essential details.
- Enter the OTP received in the registered mobile number to proceed with the application form.
- Fill out the necessary information in the form.
- Submit the relevant documents in the required format.
- Submit the form.
- Download a copy of the application form for future reference.
Keep these documents while filling out the online form:
- Aadhaar Card.
- Passport-size photograph.
- Identity card of the university, institute or college.
- Residential proof.
- Income Proof.
- Passbook copy containing IFSC code and account number.
- Marksheet of the previously passed exam.
Benefits of the e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme
The selected candidates will avail the following advantages of this scheme:
|COURSE LEVEL||Per year amount||Scholarship amount to be paid on a single time|
|Technical and Professional||10,000||According to the duration of the course|
The validity of the scholarship will be as long as the course duration. If a selected scholar switches the course then the differential amount will be paid to such. The details are mentioned on the official website.
Odisha E-Medhabruti Selection Procedure
Once all the applications are submitted to the State Scholarship Portal, the authorities will shortlist the candidates.
- The population-wise proportion will be made for the number of scholarships per district.
- A final Merit list will be made according to the marks secured by the candidates in their previous exams.
- Candidates from lower income backgrounds will be given preference in case of a draw.
- Validation by the highest authority of the university.
Ineligibility for the e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme
Here is a list of some of the disentitled categories for this scholarship:
- Distance and Open Learning students.
- Those who already are beneficiaries of other scholarship programs under state or central gov.
- Pursuing Diploma Courses.
- These courses: MPhil, PhD, BEd and MEd.
- AICTE unrecognised Colleges and Institutes.
- Students studying in a foreign country.
- Pursuing another Technical or professional course after finishing one.
- Not validated by the institute in the first year.
|Fill out the e-Medhabruti scholarship form||Application Form | Registration Link|
|Official website||State Scholarship Portal|
|Visit||NVS, RO home|
Frequently Asked Questions
The e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme is an initiative of the Odisha government to provide monetary aid to deserving students for their higher education.
The applications end on 31st January 2023.
Scholars can get an amount of up to 10, 000 rupees by applying for the e-Medhabruti Scheme.