E Shram Portal Registration For Rs. 1000: Developed by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, the E Shram Portal was launched on 26th Aug 2021 to create a national database of unorganised workers which is linked with an Individual’s Aadhaar Card. The Government of India will now offer ₹1,000 to all workers who are registered on the E-Shram portal but only to eligible workers. The initial list of the beneficiaries will be posted soon on the E-Shram portal (eshram.gov.in) and can be checked by using the login id. Inside this article, you’ll get all kinds of regarding E-Shram portal registration.
E Shram Portal Registration For Rs. 1000
As per the reports, approx. 20 crores of Indian workers/labourers have already registered on the E-Shramik portal and those who want to take benefit of the ₹1,000 scheme get themselves registered anytime to get the amount. Currently, it’s the Yogi government that took the initiative and started providing ₹1,000 to those labourers who are working in the unorganized sector and also facing a financial crisis. The detailed information is available below, so keep reading the article.
E Shram Portal Registration: Highlights
|Authority Name||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Scheme Name||E Shram Portal|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||26th Aug 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized sector labourers|
|Aim||to provide them with financial support|
Aim of e-Sharm Portal
- The registered workers on the e-Sharm will get an Accidental Insurance cover of ₹2 lakhs while PWD category workers will get coverage of ₹1 lakh under PMSBY.
- With the help of the portal, the worker can also apply for financial help and the information about the social schemes and their benefits will be shared with the workers.
- To face the situations like emergencies/pandemics the national database registered on the portal will assist eligible unorganised workers.
- Workers can also get themselves registered via Offline mode i.e. by visiting the Common Service Centres (CSCs) near their houses.
Who can apply for the e-Sharm Portal?
- Home-based Workers.
- Street Vendors.
- Small & Marginal Farmers.
- Domestic Workers.
- Gig & Platform Workers.
- Migrant Labourers.
- Construction Workers.
Eligibility Criteria for e-Shram
- The worker should be residents of India with the age between 16 to 60 years.
- He/She must have an Aadhaar Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- The worker should not be an income tax payee.
- The monthly income of the worker should be less than ₹15,000.
- The worker should not have applied for any other scheme like National Pension Scheme (NPS), or Employee’s State Insurance Corporation Scheme.
- Mobile Number should be linked with the Aadhaar Card.
Steps to apply for E Shram Portal Registration For Rs. 1000?
- Go to the e-Sharm official portal (eshram.gov.in).
- Click on the option of ‘Register for e-Shram’ mentioned on the right side of the page.
- The self-registration page will get open.
- Under the registration submit the details like Aadhaar linked mobile number, Captcha code or are a member of ESIC/EPFO.
- Tick on the ‘Send OTP’ button, and now submit that OTP and proceed further.
- On a new web page enter your Aadhaar No then click on ‘Terms & Conditions’ and enter the OTP.
- Your registration form will be available showing the information which is already mentioned in your Aadhar Card.
- Then select the ‘Continue to Enter Other Details’ box.
- Enter your Mobile No, Email Address, Father’s Name, Marital Status, Blood Group, Category, Nominee Details like Name, DOB, Gender & Relationship.
- Then tick on ‘Save & Continue’.
- Enter your Address details, Educational Qualifications, Occupational & Skills and enter your Bank details.
- Take a preview of the registration form and then click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Your e-Sharm will be appearing on your screen.
- Download the file or you can also take out its printout.
Issuance of UAN No & e-Sharm Card
- UAN No:
According to a tweet by the Labour Ministry, UAN is a 12-digit unique design number assigned to each worker/labourer after registering on the e-Sharm portal. The UAN No. will remain unchanged for the worker’s lifetime.
- e-Sharm Card:
An e-Shram Card will be issued to those workers who successfully get registered on the e-Shram Portal. The E Shram card will contain a 12-digit UAN No through which the worker can take updates regarding new schemes or programmes launched by the government.
According to PIB reports, around 48% of registered workers are male and 52% are female. Transgenders are also being registered on the e-Shram Portal. So far, 2,380 transgenders have been registered on E Shram. Around 61% of registered workers belong from 18-40 years while nearly 22% are in the age group of 40-50 years. The registered workers from the top 10 leading sectors are:
|Sector Name||No of Registrations||Percentage|
|Domestic and Household Workers||91,51,144||9.19%|
|Capital Goods & Manufacturing||32,15,877||3.23%|
|Automobile & Transportation||27,41,097||2.75%|
E Shram Portal Registration For Rs. 1000 Links
There is no need to regularly update the e-Sharm UAN Card. In order to keep the account active, the worker/labourer should update it once a year.
The workers can update details like mobile number, address, educational qualifications, family details etc from the E Shram portal.
If the worker shifts from the unorganized to the organized sector after registering on the E Shram portal then the worker will get the benefit of the organised sector only.
Right now, only registration is being done through e-Shram and the data saved will be utilised for future crisis situations.
Stay connected with our website for more information regarding the e-Shram portal registration. If you have any kind of doubts regarding the scheme then you can drop your comments below.