Ganga Vilas Worlds Longest River Cruise: A new era of crusaders will begin as Prime Minister Narendra Modi flag off this Homoungous Ganga Vilas River Cruise on the 13th of January 2023. The MV Ganga Vilas World’s Longest River Cruise has an unusual measurement of 62 and 12 metres in length and width respectively. With the support of the Ministry of Shipping, Ports and Waterways, this project is being brought about by the Inland Waterways Authority of India. Learn more about the Worlds Longest River Cruise: Ganga Vilas.
Overview: MV Ganga Vilas
The journey will begin from river Ganga, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh in the North and continue for 51 days to end at river Brahmaputra the tributary that flows in Dibrugarh, Assam in North-East. This Journey will cost a person 25,000 rupees per day. Covering an approximate distance of 3200 kilometres crossing five Indian states and even Bangladesh.
|Route||Patna, Kolkata, Dhaka, Dhubri, Guwahati, and Majuli Island|
|Journey Begins||13th January 2023, Varanasi|
|Duration of the Journey||51 days|
|Total Distance-Covered||3200 km|
|Journey Ends||1st March 2023, Dibrugarh|
|Cost||25,000 rupees per person per day|
|Management||Inland Waterways Authority of India|
|Department||Ministry of Shipping, Ports and Waterways|
Ganga Vilas World’s Longest River Cruise: Facts
Ganga Vilas is to begin its voyage from the river Ganges in Varanasi glimpsing the Ganga Aarti on the banks of the river Ganga. The passengers of the vessel will see numerous prominent, historical monuments and significant artistic locations of our country. The vastly diverse culture of India will project itself amongst the on-boards of the Ganga Vilas. Intersecting no less than 27 river systems and journeying 50 tourist destinations, the Ganga Vilas World’s Longest Cruise will leave behind a bag full of memories to its passengers.
The exotic locations covered in this voyage are listed down below:
- Ganga Arti in Varanasi.
- Sarnath Temple of the Buddhists.
- Assam’s largest river island, “Majuli”
- Sunderbans in the Bay of Bengal delta.
- Mayong in Assam, known for its Tantric craft
- Bihar School of Yoga and Vikramshila University
- Kaziranga National Park.
26th January 2023 Speech In English For School Kids
New Covid Variant BF.7? What are its symptoms
Interesting Facts about the MV Ganga Vilas
Ganga Vilas has a lot more enticing features than just being the World’s Longest River Cruise. Here are a few incredible facts about the vessel:
- It is 62 meters long and 12 meters wide.
- It sails with a 1.4 metres draft.
- Ganga Vilas has three decks.
- There are 18 luxurious suites on the Cruise.
- The voyage is 32 kilometres long.
- It will last for 51 days.
- Noise control strategies have been installed on the ship.
- A thoughtful measure of sustainability has been accomplished with the help of a pollution-free mechanism.
- It will cross through the following locations:
- Patna in Bihar
- Sahibganj in Jharkhand
- Kolkata in West Bengal
- Dhaka in Bangladesh
- Guwahati in Assam.
- River systems touched in this voyage include:
- West Coast Canal
- The 32 travellers from Switzerland will be part of the first trip of the MV Ganga Vilas.
- The ship is equipped with all the conveniences required.
|Visit||NVS, RO Home|
The largest cruise of India is MV Ganga Vilas.
The MV Ganga Vilas is 62 metres long and 12 metres wide.
Ganga Vilas will be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 13th of January 2023. World’s Longest Cruise will begin its journey from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
32 tourists from Switzerland will be the first passengers of the World’s Longest River Cruise.
One day cost of a person in the Ganga Vilas cruise is 25000 rupees.
36 tourists can board the MV Ganga Vilas consisting of 18 luxurious suits.
Yes, the Voyage covers the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka through the river system.