India Post GDS Recruitment 2023: The India Post, Ministry of Communication inviting applications for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak posts. All the candidates who are willing to apply for a government job can fill out an application form by 16th Feb 2023. Read this article to the very end as it will provide you with all the accurate and important information about the India Post GDS recruitment process.
Update: The Application link for India Post GDS Recruitment for some states is now active. Check the details given below.
India Post GDS Recruitment Notification 2023
Only eligible candidates can apply for the BPM/ ABPM/Daksevak under Gramin Dak Sevaks. The authority has declared a total of 40889 vacant positions in the official notification. For this, the candidates will have to submit online applications within the specified period. The process of online application started on 27th Jan 2023 and will continue till the third week of Feb 2023.
We advise all interested candidates to duly ensure their eligibility before applying for the recruitment. Application once submitted the information cannot be altered or modified. Therefore, kindly check the accuracy of the entered details before the final submission. Application sent from any other means will not be accepted by the authority. This article will help you in understanding the process of submitting the application form.
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Name of the Post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Recruiting Authority||India Post, Ministry of Communication|
|Number of Vacancies||40889 Vacancies|
|State||All Over India|
|Mode of Selection||Merit-based|
|Mode of Application||Online Application Form|
|Status of Application Process||Active|
|Official Recruitment Portal||indiapostgdsonline.cept.gov.in|
India Post GDS Online Application: Key Dates
|Commencement of Online Application||27th Jan 2023|
|End of Online Application Process||16th Feb 2023|
|Application Correction Dates||17th Feb 2023-19th Feb 2023|
Bhartiya Dak GDS Essential Requirements
The candidate who wishes to apply for the above-mentioned posts must possess the requirements. The authority decides on eligibility criteria by keeping the roles and responsibilities of the posts. If you match the following details then you are eligible to apply for the job:
- The candidate must age between 18 to 40 years
- The relaxation of the upper age limit is as shown in the table below:
|Name of the Category||Permissible Relaxation|
|Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)+ OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)+SC/ST||15 years|
- Should be the 10th pass from a recognized school board.
- Must have studied and passed Mathematics and English.
- The candidate should have studied the local language up to the 10th standard.
- Should know how to ride two-wheelers (includes cycling as well)
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Post Details
In this section, we have discussed the job profile of the vacant posts under India Post GDS recruitment. This will help you in deciding what job position to apply for. Carefully read the following details:
Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Implementing offline and online transactions of Branch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank(IPPB)
- Creating awareness in the village or gram panchayats under the control of the Branch Post Office. This will include the marketing of postal products and services by organizing melas and door-to-door programs.
- Record maintenance
- Responsible for the smooth workflow of the post office
Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Responsible for the sale of stamps/stationery and conveyance
- Delivery of mail
- Assisting BPM
- Marketing of postal products and services
- Required to perform the combined duty of BPM
- Carrying out work assigned by IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc
- Engagement in departmental offices
- Responsible for sales
- Sorting offices of Railway Mail Service (RMS)
- Assisting postmasters/ sub-postmasters
- Receiving and dispatching mailbags
Documents To Be Submitted Along With GDS Online Application Form
For completion of the online application process, you have to upload these documents while filling out the details of the form. Make sure to properly scan the following document in jpeg/jpg format:
- Recent Photograph – under 50 kb
- Signature – under 20 kb
How To Apply For India Post GDS, BPM, and ABPM Posts?
Candidates can apply for posts from the official website. Where you have to register first to access the application form. To complete the process, you have to provide valid information, upload necessary documents, and submit the payable fee amount. This whole process is divided into three stages. The following steps will help in understanding the process:
Stage I Registration
- Open the official website with this link i.e. indiapostgdsonline.cept.gov.in.
- Click on the registration tab
- A drop-down menu will appear, click on the ‘Registration’ option
- Now, you have to fill in personal information such as your name, parent’s name, contact information, etc.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button once you fill in every detail.
- After submitting the details you will receive a registration number.
Stage II Fee Payment
- From the home page click on ‘Stage 2. Fee Payment’ and select ‘Pay Online’.
- A new tab will open on the side where you have to enter the registration number to make the payment.
- Click on the ‘Make Payment’ button and submit the fee through the available options.
Stage III Application Form
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ option from the home page and select ‘Apply’
- On the new tab, enter your registration number and your state.
- Fill in all the remaining information
- Upload all the required documents
- Proceed further to choose preferences
- Submit the application form and get a printout copy of the same.
India Post GDS Application Fee
The candidates can submit the application fee through a Debit/Credit Card and Net Banking facility/ UPI. Refer to the table below for fee details:
|Name of the Category||Fee Amount|
|Female, SC/ST, PwD, and Tanswomen||Exempted|
|Other Categories||Rs. 100/-|
India Post GDS Recruitment 2023: Links
|Check Here||India Post GDS Official Website|
|Apply Here||Registration Portal | Login Portal|
|Home Page||NVS, RO Bhopal|
Information regarding the India Post recruitment has been shared on this page. We hope all the candidates find this article helpful.