Jharkhand ePass: Jharkhand Government has imposed partial lockdown in the state to control the surge in the covid cases. Meanwhile, to keep the movement of essentials services and other necessary services active, Government has again brought the system of epass. It means that people who have to travel within the state or outside the state during the lockdown period must get Jharkhand ePass.
- 1 Jharkhand ePass
- 2 Jharkhand E pass at a glance
- 3 Reasons for Issue of Jharkhand ePass
- 4 How to Apply for Jharkhand Lockdown ePass Online?
- 5 Details to be filled in Jharkhand ePass Application
- 6 FAQs
Currently, the government will issue ePass from 16th to 27th May 2021 through its Transport Department. Citizens who have to travel due to urgency have to obtain the ePass first. They can apply for the same from the Jharkhand epass management system i.e. epassjharkhand portal. Epass for lockdown is being issued under certain categories as specified by the Government.
In this article, we have presented every crucial information about Jharkhand ePass. Those who wish to apply for epass for emergency travel purposes during the lockdown can go through this article and get information about the epass application process, documents required, eligibility, and related details.
Jharkhand E pass at a glance
|Concerned Department||Transport Department, Jharkhand|
|Purpose||For travel of private and commercial transport during lockdown|
|Duration||16th May to 27th May 2021|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Name of the portal||Jharkhand epass management system|
Reasons for Issue of Jharkhand ePass
ePass are issued to the citizens who has to commute due to a genuine reason or emergency during the proposed lockdown period. The activities for which epass is issued include-
- Going outside Jharkhand State
- Going outside the district but within the state
- Going within the district
- Coming from other state to Jharkhand
Jharkhand ePass Category
Jharkhand ePass will be distributed to common people considering the following categories-
- Public Distribution System (PDS). For up to 27th May (timing- 6 AM to 3 PM daily)
- Fruit/ Vegetable/ Foodgrains, Grocery/ Eatable/ Milk/ Sweet shop owners and employee (6am to 3pm daily)
- LPG/CNG/Petrol pump/filling station owners and employees (no time limit)
- Dhaba/Restaurant/Hotel owner and employees (no time limit)
- People engaged in mining business/activities (no time limit)
- Individuals associated with the industry (no time limit)
- Individuals engaged in construction (No time limit)
- People providing logistic/ transportation/ warehousing services (No time limit)
- Construction related items seller and employees (6 AM to 3 AM)
- Agricultural item and equipment seller & employers (6 AM to 3 PM)
- Government employees (No time limit)
- Vehicle Repair shops owner and employees
- Buyer of permitted goods
- Water/ Electricity/ Municipality/ Telecom service provider (without time limit)
- Courier/ Media/ Security Services (No time limit)
- Air/ Rail transport (for only one day)
- Marriage (only one day)
Who are not Required to have ePass during lockdown?
- All the Health workers (Private/Govt) are not required to apply for pass in order to delivery services provided they must carry their photo id proof issued by the concerned healthcare unit.
- People attending funeral do not need require ePass
- Those who have to travel for medical purpose such as treatment, Check-up, vaccination, to purchase medicines, to helps patients in commute to hospital etc are also not required to have an epass.
Entries to be filled in Application form
ePass include following particulars-
- Applicant Name
- Pass type (Intra district or Inter District)
- E-Pass No.
- Vehicle No.
- Mobile No.
- No of other travellers
- Name of the other travellers
- Type of travel
- Validity of pass
- Time limit
- Type of Id card
- Id card No.
- QR Code
- Approving Authority
How to Apply for Jharkhand Lockdown ePass Online?
Applicants can fill their application form online . They application process is given as under-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal of Jharkhand e-Pass. Official portal URL is given below.
- Step 2- Select district on the portal’s homepage and click on “Submit” button.
- Step 3- Applicants have to register on the portal first. For registration, click on “New User Registration” link.
- Step 4- Enter mobile no. and click on submit button.
- Step 5- Enter the mobile number again and confirm it.
- Step 6- Enter the password as per the instructions and click submit button. Confirm password.
- Step 7- Now, registration will be completed and users have to log in with the username and Password.
- Step 8- After login, user profile page will open. Profile complete information will be shown.
- Step 9- To complete the profile, click on the “Personal details” link.
- Step 10- Fill in personal details, address details, id details and complete it.
- Step 11- Click on Apply for ePass link given on the left side of the page.
- Step 12- Select the respective district from the drop-down.
- Step 13- Fill all the details in epass request form.
- Step 14- Mark the declaration and click on the “Agree & Proceed” button.
- Step 15- Finally epass will be generated.
- Step 16- Click on ePass download option.
- Step 17- You can carry a soft copy or print it.
Jharkhand ePass Application Requirement
Applicants are required to keep following essentials along with them during the application process-
- They must have a mobile, tablet or laptop/desktop.
- There should be proper internet connectivity.
- A valid and working mobile no.
- Vehicle details
- Identity proof to be provided in the application form
- Driving license
- Other supporting documents.
Details to be filled in Jharkhand ePass Application
Applicants have to fill following particulars in the application form-
- Approving district
- Type of ePass
- Current Address of the applicant
- Visiting state
- Visiting district
- Visiting address
- e-Pass category
- Type of journey
- Request schedule on
- Date of expiry of pass
- Request time on
- Request time upto
- Type of vehicle
- No. of applicant
- No. of person
- Vehicle registration No.
Important Points to remember regarding Jharkhand ePass
- Jharkhand ePass are issued for individual who have to travel due to any kind of emergency during the lockdown period.
- Epass pass temporary and are only for the purpose travel during lockdown.
- ePass application can be made only in online mode.
- For aforementioned activities, applicants can obtain ePass for 3 hours and can apply from 6 am to 3 pm through the online portal.
- It is compulsory to carry ePass during commute during the lockdown.
- ePass holder should not be covid positive.
- Those who are allowed to travel without epass must carry valid photo id card issued by the concerned institution.
- Epass holder must adhere to all the conditions mentioned in the ePass.
- If a person found travelling without a valid e-Pass or travelling with an expired epass then a serious action will be taken against them.
|Jharkhand e-pass Application Form||Click Here|
|Jharkhand epass application manual||Click Here|
|Bihar ePASS||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Police ePass||Click Here|
Citizens can apply through the official website.
Lockdown ePass are issued by the Transport department of Jharkhand.
E-pass application is completely free. Candidates do not have to pay anu application fee for issue of e-Pass.
It does not take much time; applicants can get their epass issued hand to hand.
No, as per new guideline, citizens going for vaccination or funeral are not required to carry Jharkhand e-pass.
Yes, epass is mandatory for all the citizens for intra-state or inter-state travel.