e pass Jammu interstate | online | Jammu entry | covid e pass Jammu & Kashmir | serviceonline.gov.in e pass download | JK Lockdown ePass application
With the conditions of Lockdown and curfew in almost all states of the country, states and union territories are issuing e passes online. Now, the UT of Jammu & Kashmir is also issuing these passes by an online means. So, the residents of the state who have to move during the periods of lockdown/ curfew can make use of these e-passes.
Applicants from the Union Territory of Jammy & Kashmir must give a read to this article. Applicants will get all the essential information about the JK ePass. Citizens can check the application process, application status, essential documents, e-pass download, district epass and more related information. Important links for the JK ePass is also available in the article.
JK ePass Overview
|Article on||Lockdown e-pass|
|State||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Launched by||Government of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the state|
|Objectives||offer e-pass to the citizens|
|Benefits||movement in lockdown/ curfew|
|Official Website||www.service online.gov.in|
JK ePass Apply Online
The Union Territory of J & K is also using an online method to issue e-passes to the citizens of the state. The state is issuing these passes using the NIC developed online service portal. Applicants of the state can use this portal to issue an e-pass. An e-pass is essential for people who have to move due to some emergency reasons or other purposes of business or essential services.
With the e-passes, the government is limiting the people of the state to move in and out. Thereby, decreasing the widely spread coronavirus situation. Today, almost all of the states are restricting the movement of the citizens to avoid any unnecessary spread of the COVID-19 in the country.
ePass issued in the UT will be of three types:
- Inter-District (Outside the District but within State Boundary)
- Intra District (Within the District Boundary)
- Inter-State (Outside the State)
Documents Required for JK ePass
Citizens of the state who want to apply for an ePass will need some of the documents to validate the claim of the travel. This is done to ensure no unnecessary movement in the state. Documents for an e-pass are enlisted below.
- Epic ID
- Identity Cards like- PAN Card/ Indian Passport/ Driving License.
- Government Identity Card (if any)
Online Application Process for JK ePass
Citizens of the state who want to apply for an ePass can visit the official e-pass portal of the central government. Under this, all the state portals have been merged by the authorities to ease the process. To apply for a JK ePass, applicants can follow the steps enlisted below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the NIC Online Service Portal for ePass. On the home page of the portal, applicants will see an option to select the State/ UT. Under the list, choose Jammu & Kashmir.
Step 2: On the open page, applicants can then click on the Register button located on the page. Clicking on it, applicants will be directed to the application page titled- Application for Issuing of COVID-19 Movement ePass by Government of Jammu & Kashmir. (Applicants can also click on the direct link available at the end of the article to book an e-pass).
Step 3: Applicants will have to fill in the application by first selecting the e-pass type i.e., intra-state or within/ outside the district. Choosing the type of applicants will have to select their district.
Step 4: After that applicant who has to make the travel will fill in his essential details like name, number, email, parent’s name and identity proof details. Along with it, the applicant will also have to upload his/ her photograph.
Step 5: Applicant will now have to enter the address related details and will also have to provide the vehicle-related information which will be used for travelling.
Step 6: Finally, all the applicants will have to tick check the ‘I agree‘ box under the Self-declaration. Enter the application office details and your application will be submitted.
District Wise Lockdown JK ePass
Users/ applicants can also get an e-pass using their individual district portal. Applicants will simply have to visit their district portal and click on the COVID-19 e-Pass. This port will also direct the citizens to the online service portal by the government to issue e-passes.
To issue an e-pass through the district portals, applicants can follow these steps:
- On the directed application page, applicants can fill in the application with all the details already mentioned before.
- Applicants can enter all the details of the applicant, applicant’s address, vehicle details, etc.
- After entering all the details, the applicant has to tick check the Self Declaration, enter the code and click on the Submit button located on the page.
- A preview of your application will be available on the next directed page.
- Take a print of the page and submit the application to the concerned District Magistrate Office.
Curfew Pass Status
Applicants/ citizens who have applied for an e-pass have to wait for some time to get the approval for their application. Therefore, applicants can also check the status of their application on the online portal and know that their application has been approved or rejected. Either way, to know the status, applicants can follow the steps enlisted below.
- Go to the National Informatics Centre Online Service Website.
- On the home page of the portal, applicants will see an option of ‘Track Application‘ on the page.
- Clicking on the page, a pop-up window will appear.
- On the open window, applicants can search for their application using the reference number or through an OTP.
- After choosing any one of the options applicants will have to enter the number and click on the Submit button.
- The status of your application will be visible on your device screen.
Points to remember
- Applicants will have to make clear the motive of the travel and will also have to provide the details of the source and your destination.
- Make sure to provide only the authentic/ true details on the application as in case the information detailed is false action may be taken and the application may get rejected.
- Applicants will be issued an epass only after the proper approval by the authorities.
- Photograph to be uploaded by the applicants will be under the size frame of 20 kb to 200 kb.
- All the accepted applications will get the e-pass on their email. In case, your application is rejected, applicants will get an SMS for the same.
Important JK ePass Links
|J&K epass Application form||Click Here|
|e-pass application form for Jammu district||Jammu Division|
|ePass Application||Kashmir Division|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Medical epass can be issued for any type of medical emergencies declaring it on the application.
Applicants who have applied for an epass will be able to get their epass through the email registered on the application.
How can I check the status of JK ePass?
Applicants who have registered on the portal and want to know the status of their application can visit the official NIC service portal. Afterward, applicants can follow the steps detailed in the article.