KVS Admission 2023 Class: Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission notification invited all the parents of the students to register for the KVS admission process. The KV admission 2023 is not restricted only to Central Govt. employees but it has been open for all societies that include General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes, etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya will commence the filling of the online application form for admission in various classes, below given are the steps to be followed by the parent while filling application form:
KV Admission 2023
- Open the official website of KVS Admission 2023.
- Download and open the admission application form.
- Parents have to choose the desired Kendriya Vidyalaya centre from the available list of schools.
- Next, the step is to fill in all the required details such as blood group, address, age, etc.
- Take the printout of the KVS admission form for future reference.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Eligibility 2023
Below given are the criteria on which one can take admission:
- The Student to take admission in class I should be in the range of 5 years to 7 years.
- The Student to take admission in class II should be in the range of 6 years to 8 years.
- The Student to take KV admission in class III should be in the range of 7 years to 9 years.
- The Student to take admission in class IV should be in the range of 8 years to 10 years.
- The Student to take KV admission in class V should be in the range of 9 years 11 years.
- The Student to take admission in class VI should be in the range of 10 years to 12 years.
- The Student to take KVS admission in class VII should be in the range of 11 years to 13 years.
- The Student to take admission in class VIII should be in the range of 12 years to 14 years.
- The Student to take admission in class IX should be in the range of 13 years to 15 years.
- The Student to take Kendriya Vidyalaya admission in class X should be in the range of 14 years to 16 years.
Reservation in केन्द्रीय विद्यालय Admission 2023
There has been special privilege provided to various sections of society in the form of reservation in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission.
- Reservation in the seats in the admission process is 15% for the Scheduled Caste.
- Reservation in the seats in the admission process is 7.5% for the Scheduled Tribes.
- For Differently Abled- Children the reservation percentage is near about 3% of the overall seats under the act of RTE, 2009.
Important KV Admission Dates To Remember
- Notification for KVS admission will be released in the month of February.
- Starting of filling the application form will start for Class 1st – Available Soon
- Starting of filling the application form will start for other classes – Available Soon
Priority in केन्द्रीय विद्यालय Admission 2023
There has been priorities that have been given to the parents who are working in defense/civil sector, Public sector employees, KV employees and to ex-employee of Kendriya Vidyalaya. Priorities are also given to the only girl child in the family.
- In the admission process, priority has been given to Foreign Nationals who are living in India for official work or for some personal issues but the condition of priority is only when there is a seat left with no children of Indian parents waiting for admission.
- The preference will be given to the children according to the transfer of their parents in the last seven years.
KV Admission Class-I
There are two phases of the admission process for class I,
In first phase the seats will be filled as per the reservation quota which constitutes 25% of the total seats available for admission.
In second phase seats will be filled by priority segment which we have already discussed above.
- There will be no entrance test for taking admission to class I
- If the required number of candidates did not take part in the admission process after the first notification then the School is liable to release a second notification to fill seats under the reserved category.
Required Documents For KVS Admission In Class-I
There is a list of documents which is required at the time of admission is given below:
- Parent’s need to submit the age of proof certified to the school which is issued by authorities like Municipality and Municipal Corporations.
- Required document for the grandchildren of service or ex-service employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya needs to submit proof of a relationship with a grandparent to child-parent.
- Required documents for the grandchildren of the Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees need to submit the proof of relation with a grandparent to child-parent.
- Proof of certificate for the student coming from the reserved category i.e. Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes or any other backward classes.
KVS Admission Process For Class II To VIII
There will be no admission test for class II To Class VIII will be conducted by K.V and the allotment of the seats will be given as per the priority category procedure if the number of registration is more than the available seats, then a lottery system will be followed by School authority.
KV Admission Process For Class IX
The School will conduct an entrance test for taking admission to the class IX post and the school will make a merit list for all reserved categories.
- The minimum marks to qualify for the entrance examinations are 33% for the unreserved category and 25% for the reserved category.
- The Examination will be conducted in 5 subjects listed below:
- Social Science
- The total duration of the entrance examination is for 3 hours and contains 100 marks questions by allocation 20 marks to each subject discussed above
If the number of registration in taking admission class XI is less by KV students and some seats remain left then a non-KV student can also take part in the admission process subject to the meeting of percentage criteria as discussed above.
There might be a case which occurs in some remote branches of KV in different parts of the country i.e. lesser number of registration after meeting all the above criteria then the principal has a right to issue a notification to lower the eligibility criteria for all the streams to the deputy commissioner of their region.
KV Admission Schedule 2023
|Online registration for Class 1st||TBA|
|Last date of registration or Class 1st||TBA|
|Declaration of the provisional select list for unreserved seats||TBA|
|(Offline) Registration for Class 2nd onwards (Except Class 11th)||TBA|
|Publication of list||TBA|
|Admission for 2nd class onwards (Except Class 11th)||TBA|
|Last date of admission for class 2nd Onwards||TBA|
|Registration for Class 11th admission||within 10 days after the publication of class 10th result|
|Publication of admission list &|
admissions for 11th Class (KV Student)
|within 20 days after the publication of class 10th result|
|Publication of admission list &|
admissions for 11th Class (Non-KV Student)
|after the admission of KV candidates|
|Last date of admission for 11th Class||30 days from the date of publication of class 10th result|
केन्द्रीय विद्यालय Admission Fee Structure and Other Relaxation
- A student who falls under the reserved category such as Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes, Other backward classes etc will be given a waiver in their fees under RTE Act of 2009.
- The reimbursement will be given to the parents of the student on account of expenses such as notebooks, uniforms, and travel expenses at the time of showing bills for the 25% category students under RTE Act 2009.
- The Special concession will remain valid till the student reaches class VIII whether a student takes a transfer to the other K.V under RTE Act 2009.
- The parents who enjoy the facility to reimburse the entire bill at their office level cannot reclaim under RTE Act 2009.
Latest Fees Structure
The latest fees structure of Kendriya Vidyalaya is listed below:
About Kendriya Vidyalaya
Kendriya Vidyalaya earlier known as ‘Central Schools’ was founded on 15th December 1963 and it is affiliated to the Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Objective- The main objective while introducing Kendriya Vidyalaya is to impart education amongst the children of the central employees that includes forces (Army, Para Military) which are transferred from one location to another at regular intervals of time.
More Facts About Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Right now the Kendriya Vidyalaya is the largest school chain in the country as well as in the whole world which are responsible to provide quality education.
- If we talk about the total number of schools named as Kendriya Vidyalaya in the country is near about 1225 and 3 branches operating in different parts of the world.
- The headquarter of Kendriya Vidyalaya is situated in New Delhi.
- Sanskrit language is a compulsory subject for students from class VI to VII and can be optional until class XII.
- There is a special privilege given to the member of the parliament to recommend a maximum of 10 students to take admission to KV from their constituency.
- There is a tuition fee waiver for a student from the reserved category such as Schedule caste, Scheduled tribes and children of KV employees.
Organization Structure Of Kendriya Vidyalaya
Co-curricular Activities In Kendriya Vidyalaya
Now a day the importance of co-curricular activities is increasing day by day to avoid the burden of the academic curriculum from the student and to focus more on the development including personality development and moral values. Activities can be playing sports, music sessions, lab activities, etc.
The focus of Kendriya Vidyalaya on co-curriculum activities are equivalent to the academic curriculum and that’s given an extra edge over the competitor schools.
|Soon||Class 1st Admission Registration Link|
|Check||Instruction for filling the online form|
|Soon||Application Status (Class 1st)|
|Soon||Print the application form (Class 1st)|
|Check||Registration Form Sample For Class 2nd Onwards|
|Check||Registration Form Sample For Class 11th|
|Check||Option Form Sample For Class 11th|
FAQs of केन्द्रीय विद्यालय एडमिशन
The Mode of application will be only online.
The minimum and maximum age to apply for taking admission in class I are 5 and 7 years respectively.
Yes reservations will be given to the weaker sections of the society which includes Schedule Caste (SC) 15%, Schedule Tribes (ST) 7.5%, and differently able candidates 3% and for EWS section reservations will be 25%.
The admission in class will be based on the marks obtained by the student in the class X board examination.
-For Science stream the minimum percentage required is 60%.
-For Commerce stream the minimum percentage required is 55%.
-All passed student can apply for Humanity Stream.
For taking admission in class IX, the student has to go through an entrance examination and admission will be granted on the basis of a merit list.
Kendriya Vidyalaya releases the notification in the month of March.
Currently, there are around 1225 branches of Kendriya Vidyalaya running in India.
The head office of Kendriya Vidyalaya is in Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi.
At the end, We request you to please add the bookmark of our article to get the latest update on KVS admission 2023 for Kendriya Vidyalaya School and don’t forget to add your query on the comment section.