Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Rajasthan: The Government of Rajasthan started the Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana aiming to provide Education and empower the girl child. Families with a girl child can get benefits from this scheme. The beneficiaries will be provided with a scholarship worth Rs. 50,000 from Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana. Beneficiaries can now apply for 3rd and 4th instalments. To know about the Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Rajasthan, how to avail the benefits of the Scheme, Eligibility and the Documents needed, keep on reading the article.
About Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Rajasthan
Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana was laid in 2016-17 budget in Rajasthan. The scheme aims to develop the education, and health of a girl child and to put an end to gender discrimination by encouraging the upbringing of a girl child and providing financial support. Under this scheme, families will receive Rs. 50,000 scholarship from the birth of a girl child to when she passes 12th standard in six instalments. However, there are some conditions that a family has to understand to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
Mukhyamantri Rajshri Scheme: An Overview
|NAME OF THE SCHEME||MUKHYAMANTRI RAJSHRI YOJANA|
|DECLARED BY||RAJASTHAN STATE GOVERNMENT|
|UNDER THE DEPARTMENT OF||WOMEN AND CHILD DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF RAJASTHAN.|
|BENEFICIARIES||GIRLS OF RAJASTHAN STATE|
Distribution of Amount in Instalments
|ON THE BIRTH OF A GIRL CHILD||FIRST INSTALMENT – 2500/-|
|AFTER COMPLETING ONE YEAR AND VACCINATIONS||SECOND INSTALMENT – 2500/-|
|ON ENTERING THE FIRST STANDARD||THIRD INSTALMENT – 4000/-|
|SIXTH STANDARD||FOURTH INSTALMENT – 5000/-|
|TENTH STANDARD||FIFTH INSTALMENT – 11000/-|
|ON PASSING THE 12TH STANDARD||SIXTH INSTALMENT – 25000/-|
Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Rajasthan Eligibility Criteria
To avail of the benefits of the Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana, some conditions have to be met by the parents/ guardians. Following are the details about the eligibility criteria:
- Benefits are provided to only those girls born on or after 1st June 2016.
- Girls born out of institutional deliveries from government hospitals and private medical institutions registered with Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) will receive the amount payable from the benefits of the first and second instalments.
- Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Scheme is only for the natives of Rajasthan.
- The girl child whose mother, father (in absence of mother) or guardian has an Aadhar Card or Bhamashah Card.
- Families can avail yojana the benefits at any class but it has to be a government school.
- If the delivery of the child has taken place outside Rajasthan and maternities have been given the benefits of Janani Suraksha Yojana can avail the benefit of the Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Scheme.
- Unlike the first two instalments, the benefits of the third and fourth instalment will be payable to only children whose family does not have more than 2 children.
- If a girl child who has received the benefits of first and second instalment dies, then the number of children will be reduced by the number of deceased children. The family can avail the benefits of third and fourth instalments only after the birth of another girl child.
How To Apply For Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Rajasthan?
Following are the steps to apply for the scheme:
- Under Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana, the child will be given a unique Identification Number at the time of birth. The benefits of the first and second instalments will be payable by the Medical Health department. There is no need to fill out an application form.
- The amount of the first instalment will be transferred to the parents/guardian of the child on their bank account linked with a Bhamashah Card. Parents/guardians not having a Bhamasha Card can also get the benefits of 1st instalment.
- The Second instalment is payable after the completion of one year and vaccinations of the girl child. It is mandatory to have a Bhamasha Card to avail the benefits. In order to apply for a Bhamashah Card contact the nearest E-Mitra Centre, Anganwadi Centre or Government Medical Institute.
- To get the benefit of the third and fourth instalments, parents/guardians will have to fill out an online form by contacting any of the following centres: E-Mitra centre, Anganwadi Centre, Atal Seva Kendra or Women and Child Development Office or Primary Health Centre.
- Parents will have to provide basic information and upload the necessary documents. After the verification of the documents, the amount for the respective classes will be transferred to the parents/guardian’s bank account linked with Bhamashah Card.
Required Documents For Mukhyamantri Rajshri Scheme
- Birth Certificate of the girl child from the recognized medical institute
- Aadhar Card and Bhamashah Card
- Passport size photo
- Details of bank account – where the amount will be transferred
- Proof of admission in a government school – when availing the benefits of a third instalment.
- 12th mark sheet – while availing of the benefits after passing the 12th standard.
- Self-declaration by the parents claiming to have maximum 2 children in the family has to be uploaded at the time of application submission
Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana Benefits
There are many places in Rajasthan where the girl child is deprived of education but that is not the only problem, girls are being treated as a burden rather than given an opportunity to prosper and flourish. Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana came into existence in the 2016-17 budget to provide financial support to the families of the girl child along with the following objectives:
- Equal rights to the girl child by putting an end to gender discrimination. With this scheme, parents will get motivated to provide education to girls.
- To reduce female infant mortality rate and maternal mortality rate
- The girls who belong to poor and illiterate families, don’t get the chance to study and have a career option as their parents seem to think of it as a waste of money.
- The scheme provides scholarships till the 12th standard to make sure that the girls get admission to a school as well as complete their schooling.
This article talks about Mukhyamantri Rajshri Yojana led by the Government of Rajasthan, Parents can read the article to get informed about the eligibility criteria, benefits of the scheme and lastly how to apply to avail the benefits of the scheme as all the information has been shared throughout this article.