NEET Counselling Schedule 2022: Performed under the supervision of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) on behalf of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), the final results of NEET (UG) has been published on NTA’s official website and MCC have disclosed the NEET counselling schedule for admission into MBBS/BDS courses into the colleges participating this year. Read this article properly as it will provide you with the information about NEET counselling 2022 schedule, Counselling process, MBBS/BDS Choice Locking Procedure etc.
Key Details of NEET Counselling Schedule 2022
|Conducting Body||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Agency Name||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Test Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Test Type||Entrance Test|
|Counselling Schedule||Available here|
NEET UG 2021 Counselling Schedule
|Events||Round 1||Round 2||Mop-Up Round||Stray Round|
|Registration & Fee Payment||19 to 30 January 2022||16 to 21 February 2022||10 to 19 March 2022||–|
|Choice Filling & Locking||20 to 24 January 202||17 to 21 February 2022||11 to 19 March 2022||–|
|Verification of internal candidates||25 to 26 January 2022||22 to 23 February 2022||20 March 2022||–|
|Processing of seat allocation||27 to 28 January 2022|
Reprocessing: 31 Jan 2022
|24 to 25 February 2022||21 to 22 March 2022||30 March 2022|
|Seat Allotment result||1 February 2022||26 February 2022||23 March 2022||31 March 2022|
|Reporting at allotted college||3 to 9 February 2022||27 February to March 2022||24 to 29 March 2022||1st to 5th April 2022|
NEET Counselling Fee Structure
NEET Counselling Seats, Reservation & Tie-breaking Criteria
All India Quota (AIQ) includes:
- 15% MBBS/BDS seats of States,
- 100% MBBS/BDS seats of BHU,
- 100% MBBS seats of AIIMS across country,
- AIQ of JIPMER (Puducherry/Karaikal),
- AIQ seats of DU/AMU/VMMC/ABVIMS,
- AIQ seats of Faculty of Dentistry (JMU),
- AIQ seats of ESIC.
Reservation in AIQ includes:
|PWD (Horizontal Reservation)||05%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
When two or more than two applicants score the same marks in the merit list then to break the tie, the following methods are used:
- Applicants who scored highest marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) ,
- If tie still continues, then the total score in Chemistry will be calculated,
- If tie still persists then the candidate who have less number of incorrect answer in all subjects are givn preference.
NEET Counselling Registration 2022
- Registration & Fee Payment: The candidates who have been shortlisted will register themselves at MCC’s official website by entering the required details. After registration, they’ve to pay the fee as per their category through online banking. For future security, they must take out the hard copy of the fee receipt.
- Choice Filling & Locking: After the submission of fee, candidates have to select the college keeping in mind the score they’ve achieved in the merit list. After selecting the college according to your preference you’ve to lock it. After locking the college, you will not be allowed to do any kind of changes.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the rank obtained, registration and choices filled the candidates will be allotted seats in the respectives colleges.
- Provisional Result: MCC will post the provisional seat allotment result after each counselling round. The shortlisted candidates will be provided with provisional allotment letter through which they will attend the counselling sessions.
- Final seat allotment results: After the conduction of provisional seat allotment counselling sessions, MCC will release the final seat allotment results which will contain the names of those shortlisted candidates who will be allotted final college.
- Reporting at alloted college: The candidates who’ve been qualified will be provided with the final allotment letter which they have to carry at the alloted college. They will be considered as college student when they’ll submit the admission fee.
- Mop-Up Round: After the conduction of both the rounds, so to fill up the remaining vacant seats the University/Institution start the mop-up round where they invite those candidates who didn’t get any seat in both rounds. To get themselves registered for the round, the applicants have to submit the registration fee, choose the college and must wait for the publication of the mop-up round result.
- Final Stray Vacancy Round: This round comes after the mop-up round and is mostly conducted by Central/Deemed Universities/AIIMS/JIPMER which have management or NRI quota seats.
NEET Counselling Schedule Information Brochure
|NEET Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Counselling Scheme (as per last year)||Click Here|
No, you can’t edit your college preference once you’ve locked your college that’s why you are advised to carefully fill your choices.
If you are satisfied or got admission to your preferred college then you don’t have to attend round-2 of the counselling session.
The eligibility criteria to participate in the Stray Vacancy round are:
(a) Candidates who have joined the seat allotment in Round-2 of AIQ/Deemed/Central Universities,
(b) Candidates allotted a seat in the mop-up round of DGHS,
(c) Candidates who joined a seat in the mop-up round of DGHS.
No, there will no fresh registration for the stray vacancy round. The 10 times number of vacant seats will be provided by the DGHS.
Next Recommended Read for you:
- Minimum Marks Required in NEET For MBB/BDS Government Colleges
- NEET PG 1st Seat Allotment Result 2022
- NEET 1st Round Seat Allotment Result 2022
- NEET PG Counselling 2022