New National Education Policy 2020: Everyone in the country is very well aware of the National Education Policy run by the government of India. The old policy was only run at the nationalized level and now the government has decided to implement the new education policy that is run globally. Keeping this in mind the government of India has now upgraded the National Education policy. Previously the National Education Policy was 10+2 and now the system has changed, the new National Education Policy is 5+3+3+4.
There are now new features and benefits that have been applied to the National Education Policy. Through this policy, all the students will be able to showcase their talent globally. Through this education system, many students are really going to get good help. To get full knowledge about the National Education Policy, you have to read the full article.
New National Education Policy 2020
All the students will be now able to take this new National Education Policy to the global level, this new change in the policy will be very helpful for each and every student of India. The new policy has been prepared under ISRO Chief Doctor K Kasturirangan. This change has been made for the betterment of the education system for all the students of India.
National Education Policy 2020 – Overview Table
|Article type||New National Education Policy 2022|
|Name of the policy||National Education Policy|
|Policy launched by||Government of India|
|Policy launched in||2020|
|Objective||To make the education system globally available|
|Beneficiary||All the students of India|
|Previous NEP pattern||10+2|
|New NEP pattern||5+3+3+4|
Objectives of National Education Policy 2020
The main purpose of replacing this new National Education Policy of India with the previous one is to implement this policy universally for all the students of India. This will help all the students to utilize their skills and talent all over the world, this policy has been changed for a better education system for all the students of the country.
The Union Cabinet of India has approved this policy on 29th July 2020, they have created a new vision of the National Education Policy. In this new policy, there are also various languages for students so now students can choose the language in which they are comfortable. This will make learning easier and it will be more interesting and this policy will help all the students to get a good education.
Benefits and Features of NEP 2020
There are many benefits of the NEP 2020 that will be very useful to all the students of India, the government has made these changes so it can be useful to them globally. Here we have mentioned the benefits of the policy.
- The government of India has made changes to the National Education Policy (NEP).
- The previous pattern for NEP was 10+2 and now the new NEP is 5+3+3+4.
- The education will be globally available for all students other than medical law studies.
- Students will be able to choose their preferred language.
- Previously there were science, commerce and arts streams (by combining some subjects) available for all the students but now the policy has completely changed these streams will not be a part of this policy anymore. As the students can now any subjects which they want to study.
- Now students can select their subjects as per their wish eg – chemistry with accounts etc,
- The content in the scheme will be available in every regional language.
- Students who are studying in class 6th will be taught coding.
- All the content from the junior class to the graduation level, and the PhD level will be available in this scheme.
- The board exams will be taken twice a year to reduce the limitation on all the students.
- Vocational education will start in school from class 6th and it will also include the internship
- The government will mainly focus on E-learning so that there will be less dependency on textbooks
- NTA will offer the common entrance test for getting admission to HEI.
- There will also be artificial intelligence for all the students to make their learning easy.
- Children will be given special attention to polish their skills.
What is National Education Policy (NEP) 2020?
The National Education policy is a new education policy for all the students of India. Through this, the students will be able to learn many subjects. Students who are in junior classes will get their skills improved through NEP and this will also clear all their concepts and their basics will also be clear for the future. The previous policy has been changed for the betterment of all the students, there are more features in the policies after the changes have been made by the government.
After the release of the policy, the government clarified that no student will get forced to study a particular subject. There are more languages that have been added to the policy. Now users can choose the language as per their preference. The content has been changed from English to the regional language. The main focus of the policy is to provide elementary education to higher education as well as vocational training to all students of rural and urban areas.
Languages नई शिक्षा नीति
Since the National Education Policy has been launched it has highlighted the use of the mother tongue and local language as the medium of instruction till the 5th standard. The policy says that the students must learn three languages which include Sanskrit, English, and their mother tongue. The school should teach these three languages to every student, and the student should know at least two of the three languages as a native of India. No student will be forced to learn any languages
Elective Foreign Language
As the government universalizes the education system for all students so there are many changes that have been done in the new NEP. In secondary school, students can choose a foreign language. The language includes french, Japanese, German, Spanish, Chinese, and many more. These languages will be the elective languages, other than the three languages that are mentioned above.
Also Read: KV Admission 2022 Date
School Education (नई शिक्षा नीति)
- The highest priority of the policy is to achieve foundational literacy and numeracy in primary school till 2025. To accomplish this policy all the students have to first achieve the foundational level requirement.
- The previous 10+2 policy has been replaced with a 5+3+3+4 new policy. Three years of pre-primary and 1 and 2 grade
- Next, there will be the preparatory stage which will be for students in classes 3 to 5, students in these sections will be taught writing, speaking, reading, Language, Art, Science, and Mathematics.
- Then there will be a middle stage which will cover the students from class 6th to 8th, and the students in these classes will be taught mathematics, Science, Socal science, Humanities
- Lastly, there will be a senior secondary stage for all the students from classes 9th to 12th, which will be divided into two parts i.e. 9th and 10, 11th and 12th.
- The students will be given the board exam which will remain continue for all the students, the exams will be conducted twice a year. It will be divided into two parts objective and descriptive.
- The policy aims at reducing the curriculum activity for students and allowing them to be inter-disciplinary and multi-lingual, students can choose their subjects as per their wish.
- There will be a midday meal scheme that will also include breakfast as the government is focusing on students’ physical health and mental health.
NEP Higher Education 2020
- All the students will be issued a 4-year multi-disciplinary bachelor’s degree.
- MPhil courses are to be discontinued to align degree education with how it is in western modules.
- The Higher Education Commission of India has regulated for all students to get the full education, including teacher’s education. It excludes medical and law or legal education.
- The national testing will be conducting the examination for all the students.
- IIT makes changes with regard to the diversity of learning.
- Foreign universities can now set up campuses in India.
- The fee for both private and government schools will be fixed.
There are different education policies for the recruitment of the teacher, the teacher must hold a 4-year bachelor of education degree. It will be the minimum requirement needed by the year 2030. The purpose to make changes in the policy is to make sure that the students are being taught by highly qualified teachers.
Also Read: E-Sampada Portal
NEP 2020 EdTech
In the year 2020, edtech companies and startups have been given some guidelines so that they can develop the learning system. Many facilities will be provided to all the students like ERP login, assessments submission, labs, etc. National Education Technology Forum has been created for all the students where they can get many ideas related to their studies. This will increase their learning.
NEP 2020 Other Changes
Since the National Education Policy has been introduced the government has made many changes in the education system. These changes have really been very useful for all the students, many institutes and concepts have been given permission from the legislative to be formed.
- National Education Commission is headed by the Prime Minister of India.
- National Research Foundation to improve research and innovation.
- Special educational zones for students
- Gender inclusion funds for the education of female and transgender children.
- Academic Bank of Credit
National Education Policy 2020 Implementation
The implementation of the body will be led by various body, which includes MHRD, CABE, Union and State Government State education department, education-related ministries, boards, NTA, NCERT, SCERT, the regulator bodies of higher education, schools, HEI, etc. The committee of experts in cooperation and consultation with other ministries will be set up at both central as well as State levels to develop the implementation plan.
After the implementation of the policy, the reviews of the policy will be done yearly and it will be conducted by the designated team constituted by MHRD and the state and all the reviews will be shared with CABE.
Financial Assistance for Students
To support children financially the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) will be monitoring the progress of the children. By doing this they will provide scholarships to students with excellent performance. The efforts will be incentivized to the merit of the students belonging to SC, ST, OBC, and other SEDGs. The private HEI will also be providing scholarships to all deserving students. Students will really get god help from this scholarship program and will be able to learn more from this.
National Education Policy 2022 Login Procedure
All the applicants who have successfully registered themselves in the portal will be able to log in to the portal with the required credential. After that they will be able to process the portal, below we have mentioned the steps to do the login process.
- To do the login, you have to first visit the official site of MYNEP 2020 i.e ncte.gov.in.
- Post visiting the site, you have to tap on the login option, which will be available at the top of the main page.
- After that click on that tap and then you will be taken to a new page, where you have to enter the required credentials – username and password.
- After you have entered the required details then tap on the login option.
- By following the above-mentioned procedure you will be able to do the login.
New National Education Policy 2022 – Important Links
|New National Education Policy 2022||ncte.gov.in|
|New education Policy Twitter Handle||Click Here|
|New education Policy Pdf||Click Here|
The full form of PARAKH is a Performance Assessment Review and Analysis of Knowledge for Holistic Development.
The government of India is looking to spend a total of 6% of GDP to implement National Education Policy.
The new policy has been launched by the Indian Government under the guidance of ISRO chief doctor K Kasturirangan.