PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023 PMGKY Scheme: Everyone has their problems caused by this COVID-19 Lockdown but the people from the lower class are facing very basic issues like they don’t have anything to eat and they don’t have much savings in their hands as well. To help this problem, the Central and the State government both have launched many schemes and PM Garib Kalyan Yojana is one of them.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
The government of India announced a package of 1.70 lakh crore rupees on 26th March 2020 to help poor people. Under this scheme, the government of India introduced a relief package of 1.7 lakh crore for the same. This scheme aims to help poor people, farmers, needy women, widows, wage workers, physically challenged people, SHG, migrant workers, and others in the present situation of Lockdown.
Under this scheme, the people will get the benefits in the form of money which will be directly submitted into their bank accounts. Further in this post, we have compiled the detailed information about प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना (PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023) or PMGKY 2023.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana2023- Overview
|Scheme Launched By||Central Government|
|Beneficiary||Poorest of the poor people|
|Name of Scheme||प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना (PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023)|
|Type of package||Corona Relief Package|
|Relief package amount||₹1.70 Lakh Crore ($24 billion)|
|Date of announcement||26th March 2021|
|Announced by||Ministry of Finance|
|Scope of the package||PAN India|
Also Check: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List 2023
PMGKY Scheme 2023
The PM Garib Kalyan Yojana was introduced by the Central Government on 26 March 2020. Under this scheme, the government included all the benefits announced for the Lockdown period. Schemes like monetary benefits to Jan Dhan Account holders, benefits to MNREGA families, senior citizens, widows, disabled citizens, ration supplies, LPG facilities to Ujjwala Yojana Beneficiaries, farmers, daily wage earners, EPF benefits, Insurance to frontline corona warriors, etc were covered under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana.
This scheme helped those people who are affected by the lockdown. It included the poor people who work daily and the frontline warriors who are helping the nation in combating Corona.
Further in this article, we have compiled detailed information about PM Garib Kalyan Package 2023 and its schemes. Before moving further here, you can have a look at the table given below to get quick information about the benefits of different schemes;
प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना 2023
|Ration cardholders (Approx 80 Cr people will be beneficiaries)||5 kg ration free of cost additionally|
|Frontline Corona Warriors like Doctors, Police, etc.||Insurance of 50 lakh|
|Farmers (Under PM Kissan Samman Yojna)||2000/- (In April’s first week)|
|Women that hold Jan Dhan Accounts||Rs. 500/- for the next three months|
|Pensioners like Widower, poor citizens, disabled, senior citizens||1000/- (for the next three months)|
|Women enrolled in Ujjawala Scheme||The cylinder for the next three months will be free of cost|
|SHGs||To get an extra 10 lakh collateral loan|
|For Construction Worker||A fund of 31000 cr has been allotted to them|
|EDF||24% (12% +12%) will be paid by the government for the next three month|
Scheme Under PMGKY 2023
Here we have compiled the information in detail about all the schemes that come under PMGKY 2023, have a look at them.
Insurance for Health workers in Government and HCCs (Health Care Centres)
Despite the introduction of the vaccine for the coronavirus, the situation has not yet come under control. Last year, when the country was fighting against the deadly disease, the health workers were the ones at risk. Health workers were the frontline fighters as they came in touch with Corona-affected people more frequently. So this scheme provided insurance cover to all the frontline corona warriors including all the health workers (medical, paramedics, etc.) and all the safari karma Charis. Here have a look at the relief package this scheme has-
- This scheme is not only for the doctors but, the sanitation workers (Safai karamcharis), nurses, ward boys, paramedical staff, ASHA workers, specialists, technicians, and other health workers are also eligible to get the benefits under this scheme.
- In this scheme approx 22 lakh people will get the benefits of insurance. All the health care staff of government hospitals, health centres, wellness centres of State and Centre govt. will get insurance coverage.
- Under the scheme, the beneficiary will get a compensation of Rs.50 lakh if they meet with some accident or health-related issue while treating any COVID patient.
A benefit to Farmers under PMGKY 2023
The central government of India Introduced the PM Kissan Samman Yojna in 2019. Under this scheme, the Farmers with small and medium land ownership got Rs. 6,000/- PA in three instalments. A total of 8.7 crore farmers were covered in this scheme.
To help the farmers in those difficult times, the government released an instalment of Rs. 2000 due in 2020-21 to all the farmers registered under this scheme.
Help for Self-Help Groups (SHG)
Those who are connected with the SHG group got an extra 10 lakh rupees collateral loan. Under this scheme, approx 63 lakh SHG workers got help. As of now, more than 7 crore families got benefits under this scheme. Like earlier, they are getting 10 lakhs but with this new announcement, the total will be 20 lakhs collateral loan.
Cash Transfers under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
As we all know that daily wage workers were the most affected ones during the times of covid lockdown, but to avoid the outbreak of the virus, the lockdown was the only option available. To help those who are not having sufficient savings, the central government launched a cash transfer scheme. Under these schemes, eligible people got cash assistance directly into their bank accounts. Here have a look at the different schemes-
- Cash Transfer to Women – Those women who got their bank account opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna will get the benefit of Rs. 500/- per month for the next three months.
- Ujjawala Yojna- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was introduced to provide LPG gas cylinders to poor families. Under this scheme, approx Eight crore families were registered. Now, these people got free gas cylinders for three months.
- MNREGA cardholders- Under the MNREGA scheme, approx 13.26 crore people were connected all over India. Under this scheme, the government has increased the minimum wage by Rs. 20 and now the MNERGA cardholder will get a wage of Rs.202.
- Assistance to Citizens Disabled (Divyang) & Widows– People who are senior citizens, disabled or widows got the assistance of Rs.1,000/- for the next three months.
- Assistance to low wagers in organized sectors- For those who are working in the organised sector and earning less than Rs 15,000 per month will get the benefits in their PF. A business or company setting with 100 employees will be provided 24% of their monthly salary in their Provident Funds for the next 3 months. This step has been taken as wage earners are at high risk of losing their jobs in such contingencies. Under this package, the government proposed to pay 24% of their monthly wages into their PF accounts for three months.
Also Check: Aarogya Setu App APK
PM Garib Kalyan Ann (अन्न) Yojana
To provide food grain to 80 crore households during and after the Lockdown the government introduced this PM Garib Kalyan scheme. These 80 crore households got the food grain advanced for three months. The food grains can be offered at a minimal rate Or rates lower than the existing rates to others. Most of the families have already been provided with their entitlements and for the remaining families, it is under process. Along with food grains, the poor and needy people also got 1 kg of pulses.
Other Schemes covered under PMGKY 2023
- Organized sector– Employees of the organised sector who are working with companies and registered under EPF will be allowed to withdraw three months of wages or advance of 75% of the amount from their accounts.
- Welfare fund for Construction Workers– Building and other construction sectors offer jobs to a huge number of people. Now as these activities were stopped so the government provided a welfare fund to the people working in this sector.
- District Mineral Fund (DMF)- To prevent the spread of the pandemic and to treat the affected people the administration used the funds available under DMF.
Here we have compiled detailed information about PMGKY 2023. If you have any questions in mind related to this subject then feel free to write to us in the comment box below, we shall get back to you soon.