PM Ujjwala Yojana 2023: There are around more than 24 crores households out of which 10 crores are not having a gas connection they are still deprived of it, and they all depend upon firewood, dung and other items to cook their food. But on 1st May 2016, our Hon’ble Prime Minister launched the scheme Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna under which all the households who are not having a gas connection and belong to the BPL family will be provided gas connection.
In Ujjwala 2.0 first refill and a hotplate will be provided free of cost to the applicants. The registration process is also made easy. Below in this article, we have discussed the PM Ujjwala Yojana in detail, so if you want to know more about it go through this article.
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2023
As we said above that, the scheme was launched in 2016 in various states of India and while launching this scheme the government has targeted that around 5 Cr LPG connection will be provided to BPL families of Rs 1600 per connection and the main focus of the scheme is in our rural areas where women still rely on the firewood, charcoal and other material for their cooking and because of this, the smoke came out is so harmful to them and it adversely affects their health and it causes lots of health issues like respiratory disease, etc.
इसे भी देखिये: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List 2022
And according to the report of ‘WHO’, the smoke inhaled by women while cooking is equal to 400 cigarettes in an hour. So to safeguard the health of women, this scheme has been launched and the budget issued for this scheme is around 8000 CR.
www.pmujjwalayojana.com PM Ujjwala Yojna 2023
Since the scheme was launched in 2016 till now millions of households’ families have taken benefit of this scheme and there are around 715 districts where we have the active happy customer of the scheme. The process of identification of BPL families was done through the socio-economic caste census data.
What are the main modalities of the PMUY Scheme?
There are some points which you all need to understand for the scheme and below we have listed some points related to it:
- The connection under the scheme will be issued to the women member of the BPL family.
- Under the scheme priority will be given to the SC/ST BPL families and also the state having low LPG coverage than the national average.
- Under this scheme cash assistance of Rs, 1600/- per connection will be given by the government to each New connection and which must comprise of
- A security deposit of Rs 14.2 kg/5kg cylinder
- A security deposit of pressure regulator
- Suraksha hose (1.2M)
- Installation charges payable to the distributor
- Cost of issue of DGCC booklet
- While the connection charges will be reimbursed by the government of India.
Selection of Beneficiary Under the PM Ujjwala Scheme
For the PMUY the selection of beneficiaries will be done, by identifying the BPL families from the SECC list or BPL families covered under any one of the following categories:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojna (AAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Gramin)
- SC/ST households
- Forest dwellers
- Most backward classes
- Tea and Ex-tea garden tribes
- People residing on islands and river islands
PMUY.gov.in PM Ujjwala Yojna 2023: Overview
|Scheme name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY)|
|Scheme launched in||1 May 2016|
|Department of||Ministry of petroleum and natural gas|
|Type of scheme||Central Government-funded|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|A beneficiary of the scheme||BPL families|
|Fund issued||8000 Crore|
Documents Required for PM उज्ज्वला योजना 2023
There are a few documents that are required for the scheme to be submitted while applying, and below we have listed all the documents:
- BPL Certificate which was issued by the Municipality chairman for (the urban region) or from panchayat (rural region).
- One photo identity proof (could be an Aadhaar card/voter card or any other available).
- BPL ration card.
- All family member’s Aadhaar numbers.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant which must be recently clicked.
- Caste certificate
- Address proof
- Declaration form which must be signed by the applicant
- Applicant Jan Dhan’s bank account details and bank passbook for DBT
(In PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0, migrants will not be required to submit address proof and an aadhar card)
Steps to download the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala application form online
Below have given some steps which on following you can download the application form online
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of PMUY
- On the home page of the website you can easily find the link to download the application form
- Now select the language of your choice (English or Hindi)
- And once you select the language the application form will appear to you in PDF format
- Save the file and take a printout of it
- You can also download the application form from the direct link given on this page.
- PMUY 2.0 Application: Click here
- PMUY Application form in English| PMUY Application form in Hindi
- KYC Form In English| KYC form in Hindi
Steps to Apply for PM Free Gas Yojana
Applicants if you fall under the category who can apply for the new gas connection under the PMUY then you just need to follow some steps which we have given below. However, the application form will be submitted through offline mode but the form will be available online and offline by both means.
- First of all, you need to download the application from the link given on this page
- Download the form in the language that you are suitable most.
- After downloading the form fill in all the details which are mentioned in it like
- Applicant’s name
- Age Address
- Date of application
- AHL in no
- Applicant’s signature
- Paste the photograph at the required place
- Apply with all the required documents and KYC form to the nearest LPG distributor
- Once you submitted the form your details and document will be verified and after successfully verified they will issue the connection
Check the New List of PMUY 2023
Check the new list of the applicant who had applied for the gas connection will be done through the official portal by following some steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website PMUY
- On the home page click on the link of New list
- As you clicked the new list of the beneficiary will be available on your screen
- Now you can check the name in the list
Frequently Asked Questions
For the next three months, all the Ujjwala gas connection holders will get a free cylinder.
Only such households can apply for the PMUY scheme that belongs to the BPL families.
The scheme launched on 1 May 2016.
The prime minister of India launched the scheme.
To apply for the PMUY you need to fill the application form first and then submit it with all the related documents to the nearest LPG distributor.
To apply for the Extended PMUY scheme you need to submit an Aadhaar card, ration card, BPL card, and the declaration certificate which must be signed by the applicant but in the state of Assam and Meghalaya Aadhaar card is not required.
Yes, you can choose either a 5kg SBC (single bottled cylinder) or 14. kg SBC or 5 KG DBC.
Yes, you can switch between them for more information regarding switching you may contact the distributor provider.
There is a national helpline number for the scheme which is 1906 or 18002666696
Yes, the scheme is active right now.