PM Jan Dhan Yojana List: प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना is a financial inclusion program of the Indian Government targeted to open one bank account per household in the country. All the payments related to wages, subsidies etc. are transferred directly to these Jan Dhan Accounts. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, the Central government has provided benefits to PMJDY account holders under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Relief Package. PMJDY has benefitted 44.23 Crore beneficiaries so far and a fund of a total of Rs.150,939.36 Crore has been transferred to Jan Dhan Accounts. This for a great scheme for the beneficiaries.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is one of the biggest financial initiatives of the Modi government of connecting each household in the country to financial services. This PMJDY scheme was launched on 28th August 2014 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a national-level function in Delhi. This scheme is not confined to the opening of bank accounts but also provides insurance and facilities and services to the beneficiaries.
Also Check: PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
The main motive behind the launch of this financial inclusion scheme was to make access to banking facilities, credit, pension, insurance and other financial services to every individual in the country affordably and this could be largely achieved when every individual will have a bank account.
प्रधान मंत्री जनधन योजना वर्ष 2014 में पीएम नरेंद्र मोदी द्वारा शुरू की गई एक महत्त्वाकांक्षी योजना है। यह मूल रूप से एक वित्तीय समावेशन योजना है जिसके तहत सरकार का लक्ष्य है कि देश मे हर घर/ व्यक्ति का अपना बैंक खाता हो और वे बीमा, पेंशन, सब्सिडी, ऋण आदि वित्तीय सेवाओं का लाभ उठा सकें| PMJDY के तहत लोग किसी भी बैंक में जन धन खाता खोल सकते हैं और खाता खोलने के लिए न्यूनतम राशि (minimum balance) की आवश्यकता नहीं है|
Get all the crucial information and all the latest updates on PMJDY. Scroll down to get information about the Jan Dhan Yojana application program, eligibility, required documents etc.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023-Quick Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)/ प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना|
|Concerned Department||Department of Finance Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India|
|Scheme type||Financial inclusion program|
|Tagline||Mera Khata Bhagya Vidhata|
|Date of Launch||28th August 2014|
Benefits Provided Under PMJDY (प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना)
This scheme provides the following advantages to the beneficiaries-
- Opening a savings bank account for a person not having a bank account.
- Account holders under this scheme earn interest on their deposited amount like other accounts.
- Jan Dhan Accounts can be opened with zero balance and therefore it is not mandatory to maintain a minimum amount of balance in these accounts.
- All the account holders are provided with a RuPay Debit Card.
- Account holders can easily transfer cash across India.
- With this account, beneficiaries can access pension, insurance or subsidy facilities.
- Along with the debit cards, eligible Jan Dhan account holders also get accident insurance coverage of 1 lakh rupees. For accounts opened after 28th August 2018, the amount of insurance cover has been raised from 1 lakh to 2 lakhs.
- Eligible account holders who have opened their accounts for the 1st time between the time from 15th August 2014 to 31st January 2015 get a life insurance cover of Rs.3lakh.
- PMJDY also provide a facility of an overdraft up to Rs.10000 to all the eligible account holders per household (the lady of the house is preferred).
Eligibility for PMJDY
As such, there are no particular eligibility criteria required for getting the benefit under this program. An individual who is 10 years of age or above can open a Jan Dhan account.
The age of availing of overdrafts and other benefits under this scheme is different. The age limit of account holders for availing the benefit of Overdraft is now 18-65 years. (which has been revised from 18 to 60 years)
Documents for opening a Jan Dhan Account
Those who wish to open their Jan Dhan Account need to submit officially valid documents viz. –
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
- Driving licence
- Voter’s Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India
- NREGA Job card duly signed by the State Government Official.
- Letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) including details of name, Aadhaar Number and address.
- It could be any other document notified by the Central govt.-
- It should be an Id card with a photograph of the applicant issued by the central, or state government authority Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Regulatory/Statutory Authorities, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Financial Institutions etc.
- Any letter with a duly attested photo of the applicant issued by any Gazetted Officer.
Along with the above-mentioned documents, applicants should also carry at least three passport-sized photographs with them at the time of application.
Also Read- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List
As per RBI, in case a person does not have “officially valid documents” he/she can open a “Small Account” with the bank. To open such accounts, you have to provide your attested photograph and have to put your signature or thumb impression on it in the presence of the bank officials. These accounts are valid for twelve months. Such accounts also have some limitations and these include the- The balance should not be more than Rs.50000/- at any point in time, the aggregate credit should not exceed the amount of one lakh in a year and you can withdraw more than Rs.10000/- in a month.
Number of PMJDY Beneficiaries
Have a look at the number of Jan Dhan Account beneficiaries given in the table below-
Bank Name / Type
No. of Beneficiaries at rural/semi-urban centre bank branches
No. of Beneficiaries at urban metro centre bank branches
No. Of Rural-Urban Female Beneficiaries
No. of Total Beneficiaries
Deposits in Accounts(In Crore)
No. of Rupay Debit Cards issued to beneficiaries
Public Sector Banks
Private Sector Banks
Regional Rural Banks
How to Apply for PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023?
The application process for opening a Jan Dhan account is very easy. An interested person can open a Jan Dhan account in any of the bank or Business Correspondence outlets. Application is free of cost and an account can be opened as a zero balance account.
All the applicants are required to get the application form and after filling it out, they have to visit the nearest bank. The application form is available in both Hindi and English language on the official website. The pdf link of both application forms is also provided below in this section.
You can check the complete process for opening a Jan Dhan Account in the simple steps shared below-
- To download the application either visit the official PMJDY portal i.e. https://pmjdy.gov.in/ or simply download the application form from the links at the end of this section.
- Now, on the homepage click on the “Account Opening Form” link as per your language preference.
- Application form will open.
- Download the form and take a printout of it.
- Fill in all the details carefully in the application form.
- Take the filled application along with the officially valid documents to the bank.
- Submit the application form at the bank. Follow all the directives provided by the bank and complete the application formalities.
- After processing of application, your Jan Dhan account will be generated.
यहाँ क्लिक करें और पाएं जानकारी प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना के बारे में सरल भाषा और अलग अंदाज (Animated Comic Book PDF) में |
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana,
Department of Financial Services,
Ministry of Finance,
Room No. 106,
2nd Floor, Jeevan Deep Building,
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free No.- 1800-180-1111/ 1800-11-0001
If you have any issue related to PMJDY 2023 PM Jan Dhan Yojana, you can share it with us through the comment section.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana List 2023: Links
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the scheme is currently closed and you cannot apply for a Jan Dhan account
You can open your account in any of the banks or any Business Correspondent’ (Kiosks like Bank Mitra).
The benefit is being provided only to the existing account holders.
Yes, you can open a joint account.
In this case, you can open a Small Account.
No, you can open it with a zero account balance.
The beneficiary should be of 10years or above. In the case of an individual being a minor, the account can be opened by their parents.