Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities: The government of India never compromise on the country’s development whether it’s the education sector, health sector etc. Since India is one of the countries with a high percentage of youth categorised under various religious minorities. Examining the survey, it came out that Muslims, Christians, Jains & Parsis have been declared the minority category of the country.
To promote the minority’s development, the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) initiated the Pre-Matric Scholarship for minorities. All the students who want to complete their schooling can be invited to submit the application form on or before 30th Sep 2022 at scholarships.gov.in.
Read this article as we’ve shared the details regarding the Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities 2022.
- 1 Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities 2022
- 2 Pre-Matric Scholarship 2022 Objectives & Eligibility
- 3 Steps to apply online for Pre- Matric scholarship
- 4 MOMA Scholarship Selection Procedure
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities 2022
The pre-matric scholarship is one of the smartest moves by the MOMA officials as it will help them in ageing the minority’s trust. Before starting the application process, it should be the applicant’s responsibility to submit the legal details inside the application form.
By chance, if the candidate submitted more than one online form then the details mentioned in the last form will be considered for the scholarship. The officials will not appreciate/approve the form submitted through post, fax or email by the participants.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship Highlights 2022
|Ministry Name||Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)|
|Scholarship Name||Pre-Matric Scholarship|
|Launch Date||June 2006|
|Classes||Class I to Class X|
|Participating School||Government & Private|
|Application Form Status||Active|
|Last date to submit the application form||30th Sep 2022|
Pre-Matric Scholarship 2022 Objectives & Eligibility
The pre-matric scholarship will motivate parents from minority populations to enrol their school-age children, ease their financial burden on schooling, and support their ongoing efforts to help their children finish their education.
The students will be considered eligible for the scholarship if they scored less than 50% in their qualification exam & the family income from all sources should not exceed more than Rs.1,00,000.
MOMA Pre-Matric Scholarship EarMarking
Each minority group in a State or UT has a 30% scholarship designated for female students. If no female students from that community are available then the scholarship will be transferred to male students from that community.
For qualified female students, 30% is the minimum rather than the maximum. In case, the physical target couldn’t get accomplished for a particular minority then the scholarship percentage will be shifted to the same category in another state/UTs.
Steps to apply online for Pre- Matric scholarship
Dear reader, examining this section will help you in knowing about the application process to apply for the Pre-Matric scholarship 2022-23 session. Read the steps in-depth about the application process:
- Take a step forward by landing on the National Scholarship Portal website scholarships.gov.in.
- Under the column of ‘Applicant Corner’ tick on the ‘New Registration’ option.
- Press on the ‘Click here for Scholarship Schemes for AY 2022-23’ tab.
- The registration form will appear in front of your eyes.
- Submit the details needed to complete the registration process.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Your application ID will get visible on your screen.
- Keep those credentials secure as they will be used during the login process.
- To login into the candidate panel, click on the ‘Fresh Application’ box.
- Submit your application id, password & captcha code appearing on the screen.
- Then press the ‘Login’ button.
- After reaching the candidate dashboard, press the ‘Application Form’ tab available on the left side of the page.
- Complete the application form by filling in the fields section-wise with the correct details & upload the demanded documents.
- Press on the ‘Final Submit’ box highlighted with a pink arrow.
- The softcopy of the online form will appear on the screen.
- To take out its printed copy by clicking on the ‘Print’ button available at the end of the page.
MOMA Scholarship Selection Procedure
Because there are only a certain amount of minority scholarships available each year, there must be a preference system in place. The applicant must provide an Income Certificate if they want their application to be considered for the ‘Inter-Selection Process’. The applicant’s “Date of Birth” criteria will be used to determine merit in cases of equal income (senior is preferred).
If a renewal applicant received 50% or higher on their previous year’s exams. To be eligible for renewal, the submitted application will be verified by the Ministry of Minority Affairs officials and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities: Quick Links
|Check||National Scholarship Portal|
|Available||Pre-Matric Scholarship Registration Form|
|Candidate Login||Fresh Applicant Login Window|
The scholarship and the facility inside it will be provided for the entire course.
The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
The programme will serve as their educational starting point and level the playing field in the cut-throat job market. Another goal of the programme is empowerment through education, which can improve minority’s socio economic circumstances.
To know about the Pre-Matric Scholarship rate needed to be paid by the applicant during the academic year is available in the image shared below: