JNVST Selection List 2020 Class 6: Navodaya Admission Result: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti under the guidelines of CBSE conducted the JNVST EXAM 2020 in the 1st phase on 11 Jan 2020. The JNVST result is scheduled to be released in March 2020. Candidates who are interested in admission to JNVs are advised to go through the article completely as it contains detailed information on the JNVST 2020 selection list, results, list of documents, eligibility, exam scheme, test format, seat reservation and other updates related to JNVST 2020.
Update:the JNVST phase 2 exam has been postponed. Earlier the Admit Card has been released for JNVST Exam Phase 2 which was to be conducted on 11-04-2020. The revised date for the phase 2 exam will be updated shortly.
Click here to download the Admit card for JNVST Phase 2 Exam
- 1 JNVST Selection List 2020
- 2 JNVST Merit List 2020
- 3 Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test Class VI
JNVST Selection List 2020
|Organization||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti|
|Exam Name||JNV Selection Test (JNVST) for Class VI|
|Exam Type||Entrance Exam|
|Exam Date||11-01-2020(Phase I)|
|Exam Venue||Pan India|
|JNVST Selection List (Phase 1)||April 2020 (tentative)|
|Results Status (Phase 2)||May 2020(tentative)|
|Selection List||To be prepared later|
The result of the JNVST Selection list Phase I is expected to be released in March 2020. The result of the JNVST Selection test Result 2020 Phase I will be available at the Candidate’s admission portal. Though the result will also be declared at the offices of regional JNVs schools, District Education Officer, District Collector, Deputy Commissioner of JNVs and at the official site of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Moreover, the Principal of concerned JNVs will intimate the result notification to the candidates qualified in the selection test.
Details Mentioned on the JNVST Selection List:
- State code
- District code
- Roll no
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
JNVST Merit List 2020
- Mere selection in the test does not ensure admission into the JNVs. At the admission time, the candidates have to bring and verify the prescribed certificates by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- Till the admission into JNVs is not final, the selection of the candidates is provisional.
- The marks scored by the candidates in the JNVST entrance exam will not be shared by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will not carry out any revaluation or re-totaling process for the entrance exam conducted by the organization as the result will be evaluated electronically through the answers marked in OMR sheets using MICR code in which chances of errors are negligible or rare to a small extent.
- The candidates and their guardians have to note that the ward selected on the basis of the Entrance Test will be considered only in the JNVs situated in the district from where they are studying in class V and arriving for the JNVST. Under no condition, the selected candidate will be provided admission to any other JNVs. No appeal for shifting of candidates on basis of medium of instruction in the bothered JNVs shall be treated.
- Candidates from minority class/groups shall have to present a minority certificate at the time of admission in JNVs if their selection is finalized. These certificates should be availed from the concerned authorities before 30th March of the year of taking admission so that it may be submitted to the Principal of JNVs concerned at the time of document verification.
- Candidates pursuing admission in Rural Category will have to verify a certificate regarding that the school where candidates completed their classes of 3rd, 4th, and 5th is located in rural areas.
- Candidates belonging to the Physically Challenged category, who are selected, will have to verify a medical certificate signed by registered Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the district hospital at the venue of admission.
List Of Documents for Admission
- Birth Certificate
- Result of Class V
- Bonafide certificate from concerned school where class V studied.
- Caste certificate
- Medical certificate for Physically challenged candidates
- Address proof in the prescribed format
Admission in JNVs is made on the basis of a selection test, conducted by the CBSE. It is conducted in such a way that deserving children from rural areas are able to face the challenge without facing any disadvantage. A special charge is taken to ensure that students from remote areas get admission forms free of cost, without any hindrance. Sufficient advertisement is done through the medium of News channels, All India Radio, local newspapers, pamphlets, JNVs websites and through visits of Principals and teachers of JNVS to the local schools of the region.
JNVST Entrance Eligibility
- Only candidates from the particular district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates going for the JNVST exam shall be studying in Class 5th for the complete academic session in a government or semi-government or government-funded, other known school or at least having a B Certificate of NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling).
- Those candidates interested in admission into JNVs should be in the age group of 9 – 13 years.
- The candidate alleged to take admission through rural quota should have studied and passed Classes- 3rd, 4th and 5th from a government or semi-government or private school.
- Those candidates, who have not been promoted and conceded to Class 5th before 30th September, are not qualified to apply for JNVs.
JNVST Entrance Test Format
The selection test duration will be of 2 hours from 11:30 am to 01:30 pm. The exam will contain 3 sections with MCQ based questions. There will be an overall 80 questions for 100 marks. The medium of the exam will be in English, Hindi or other preferred regional language selected by the candidate at the time for filing the application.
|Subject||No. of ques.||Max. Marks||Exam Duration( in min)|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60|
- Mental Ability Test: This test will be a non verbal nature . Questions will be on symmetrical and unsymmetrical figure . The Questions are meant to test general logical approach of the candidates. The section will contain 10 parts consisting of 4 questions each.
- Arithmetic Test: The prime objective of this section is to evaluate candidate’s basic knowledge in Arithmetic. All the 20 questions in this test will be comprised of the following 15 topics viz. number system, whole no. concept, fractional no., factors and multiples, LCM/HCF, Decimal no, fraction to decimal conversion, time speed and distance concept, approximation, and questions on mass, length and time, profit/loss, simple interest and questions on areas, volumes and perimeter.
- Language Test: The prime focus of this test is to examine the reading skills of the candidates. The test contains 4 passages. Out of which every passage has 5 questions in it.
JNVST 2020 Seat Reservation
- Out of total seats, 75% of the seats in a region will be filled by the candidates selected from rural areas and other vacant seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in the advantage of candidates belonging to minorities is subjected in ratio to their population in the concerned area.
- Minimum 1/3rd of the total seats will be occupied by girls candidates.
- 3% of total seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates which consist of epithetical handicapped, hearing impaired and visually handicapped.
JNVST Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2020-21 will be conducted in two phases.
The first phase of the exam was scheduled at 11.30 am on 11th Jan 2020 at different States and Union Territories across the country
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- Daman &Diu
Recommended ->>>>> Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
The second phase of the exam will be conducted at 11.30 am in the following states and Union territories in the country
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
How to Download JNVST Selection List 2020?
Step 1: Go to the official site of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at www.navodaya.gov.in.
Step 2: Go to Student Corner by scrolling down the page and click on JNV results.
Step 3: Move the cursor to the Admission tab and click on Admission Notifications.
Step 4: Look for the link for JNVST Selection test results zone-wise and click on it.
Step 5: View and download the pdf file for future use.
Sample of the JNVST Selection List:
the exam date 11 Jan 2020 for Phase I and 11 April 2020 for Phase II.
The result will be declared in March for phase I and in May for phase II.
The download link will be available on the official website after uploading of the selection list.
For any queries, suggestions, and views related to JNVST Selection list 2020, kindly mention in the box below. Stay tuned for other exams and recruitment related articles.