wbpds.gov.in apply online, West Bengal WB Digital Ration Card Application Status: Ration Card is one of the most essential documents that every family should have in India. With the help of the West Bengal Ration card, the family members can get subsidized food items like rice or wheat and other goods. The governments of different states have issued ration cards of different colours to help their people with different financial statuses. In this article, we will update you about the West Bengal Digital Ration Card 2023.
WBPDS West Bengal Ration Card
You will get to know about the step-by-step procedure to apply for a ration card and the list of documents that you need to apply for the ration cards in West Bengal. Though the ration card is an important document for all Indians during the tough times of covid, people can get the ration with these cards easily. All those families in West Bengal with ration cards will get food grains at a subsidized rate. Families will get rice @ Rs.2 per kg and wheat @Rs.3 per kg from the fair-priced shops. If you are a resident of West Bengal but you don’t have a ration card, then you can acknowledge the process to apply for the ration card through this article.
WB Digital Ration Card
|Objective||Providing food items at a subsidized price|
|Beneficiaries||Residences of West Bengal|
|Name of the State||West Bengal|
|Concerned Department||Department of Food and Supplies, Govt. of West Bengal|
|Launched by||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Type of ration card||Digital ration card|
|Mode of application||Online and Offline|
The state government of West Bengal has introduced the concept of digital ration cards. With the help of this concept, the people of West Bengal will get their ration cards digitally. The concept of digital ration cards will help those who don’t have any old ration cards or lost their ration cards. Now as the ration card is available in a digital manner so it is easy for the residents of the state to show it whenever the authorities will ask for it. The other benefits of having a digital ration card are that the data is much easier to retrieve and trace.
West Bengal Ration Card 2023
The ration card of West Bengal will be released by the Food and Supplied department of the state. But to get the ration card, the residents of the state will have to satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the department. Interested and eligible applicants can apply online and offline to get a ration card. Interested candidates can apply for the ration card through the portal or an offline application form. In this article, we have also given a link to the online portal and a link to download the offline application.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for West Bengal Digital Ration Card
Here we have compiled the eligibility criteria to apply for the ration card in West Bengal. Read the criteria given below if you want to apply for the digital ration card 2023.
- First of all, it is a must for the applicants to be permanent and legal residents of West Bengal.
- Only those applicants will get a new ration card who do not have a ration card yet.
- Newlyweds can also apply for the ration card in West Bengal but for that, the name present on their parents’ ration card will get removed first.
- Those applicants who have applied for a temporary ration card can also apply for this digital ration card.
- If in case the ration card of an individual has expired then also he or she can apply for a new ration card under the scheme.
Documents Required for WB Ration Card
As we have already mentioned that you can apply for the ration card in West Bengal in an online and offline format. Further in this article, we have given a complete process of this. But before this let’s have a look at the documents that you need to apply for the ration card;
- Mobile number of the applicant for validation.
- Aadhaar Card for identification.
- Email ID of the applicant
- Old ration card (as applicable)
- Age proof
- Voter Id/ EPIC for identification.
- PAN Card
How To Apply for the WB Digital Ration Card (Offline)
Now let’s know how can you apply in offline mode to get West Bengal Digital Ration Card. Read the steps given below and apply for the ration card offline.
- To get the ration card first you will have to download a form available online. You can download the form for the ration card from the official website.
- After downloading the form you will have to fill in all the correct details.
- Attach the documents as mentioned in the article.
- Apply along with all the documents mentioned above to the office of the concerned rationing officer, inspector, or Food Supply officer.
How to Apply for the WB Digital Ration Card (Online)?
If you want to apply for the ration card online then here we have the complete process of the same;
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website given here to apply online for a ration card.
- On the homepage of the website click on “Click here to apply” for Non- Subsidized Ration or Conversion to Non-Subsidized Ration Card
- Now a page will appear on the screen where you will have to enter your mobile number.
- Click on the get OTP option and enter the OTP once you get it.
- Click on the validate tab to validate the number after entering the OTP.
- Now select your option.
- An application form will appear on the screen, fill it out.
- Click on the show member button and details of the member will appear on the screen.
- Click on the add another member tab to add the details of other family members.
- Finally, click on the save and view application tab.
- Verify the details before submitting it.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
- The application number will be generated. Keep this number safe for future use.
How To Check WB Digital Ration Card Application Status?
After applying for the ration card offline and online you can check its status as well. Here is the process for checking the status of your application;
- First, visit the official website of WB to check the status.
- Click on the “Search You Ration Card Status” Option given on the home page of the website.
- Enter all the asked details on the page and click on the Search button.
- Now your status will appear on your screen.
How To Check WB Ration Card List?
As the ration card process has become online so now you can also check the ration card list online. Here are the processes of the same;
- Visit the official website of WB Ration Card
- Click on the “Reports on NFSA” tab given on the homepage of the website
- Select the “View Ration Card count (NFSA & state Scheme)” link from the dropdown menu and a District-wise list of ration cardholders will appear on your screen.
- Here you will have to select your district.
- Now select your FPS name.
- The details will appear on your screen.
WBPDS Helpline Number
West Bengal food supply toll-free number
11A, Mirza Ghalib Street,
Kolkata- 700087, West Bengal,
Toll-Free- 1800 345 5505, 1967
We have compiled all the essential information about the West Bengal ration card in this article. In case you have any further queries then you can write to us in the comment box given below.