West Bengal ePass: Due to the ongoing deadly wave of COVID 19, the state government led by Mamta Banerjee has announced the imposing of a complete lockdown of 15 days on May 16 that will remain by May 30th. The government shall extend the same in case the situation does not get under control. The Lockdown has lead to a complete restriction on the movement of private vehicles and the citizens outside into public places. Only essential service people and people who have gotten emergency will be able to go outside that will require the West Bengal ePass to be issued. The guidelines regarding the COVID19 measures have been released in the official state portal of West Bengal. Through this article we guide the citizens of Maharashtra to the completed information about ePass, registration process, checking the status of application, etc.
About West Bengal ePass
The complete lockdown has confined the movement of vehicles and people into public places. The West Bengal ePass is a permit document issued by the state government of West Bengal in collaboration with the West Bengal Police that allows the citizens to go and travel outside who are either essential commodity workers or the general civilians out due to emergency. Also, the reason for the travel should be strong and the police officials have urged the civilians to keep themselves inside the household in terms of short purposes.
Overview of West Bengal ePass
The table located below showcases the highlights of West Bengal ePass:
|Name of the Pass||West Bengal ePass|
|Issuing authority||State Government in association with West Bengal Police|
|Purpose||To safeguard the interests of the citizens of West Bengal|
|Benefits||Provides the permit to the citizens out on public places given that they are serving essential service or emergency|
|Official web portal||https://wb.gov.in/index.aspx/ |
Eligible Applicants under WB Lockdown E Pass
The West Bengal ePass will be required by the citizens who are either indulged in the following professions :
- Essential commodity services providers
- Food Delivery providers and Goods transporters
- Relief volunteers
- Medical practitioners working for the safety of patients.
- Civil servants deployed on the ground duty
- Civilians who are out due to medical emergency or casualty
How to Register for West Bengal ePass?
The citizens of West Bengal who want to apply for the West Bengal ePass must undergo the following procedure to Register themselves for the ePass:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal State Portal
- Once the homepage appears on the screen, navigate through the right segment where the hyperlink of Inter-District/ Intra District Travel will be located. Applicants must tap on the segment in which their category falls.
West Bengal ePass is being issued to the Applicants on the basis of 2 segments:
- Inter District Travel– This ePass is issued to the citizens who are travelling from other states of India to West Bengal or vice versa.
- Intra District Travel – This ePass is made for the citizens who are travelling from one district to another within the state of West Bengal.
- On tapping the Inter District Movement, the West Bengal ePass window will be opened.
- On tapping the Intra District Travel, the ePass for Intra District Movement window will appear on the screen.
- Under the West Bengal ePass window, Applicant must complete the orderly segments and provide the following details:
- Personal Details: In the initial section, The citizen must provide the following information:
- Full Name of the Citizen
- Age(as per official records)
- E-mail(to be functional)
- Select the Identity document from the Drop-Down(Whether EPIC No./PAN Number/Aadhar Card number/other official ID)
- Document Number
- Date of Travel(origin)
- Journey type from the drop-down(Whether One way, round way or Daily Basis)
- Now choose the Reason of Travel (whether the Applicant is a Health worker/associated with Media/going for vaccination or appointment/ attending funeral/Water supplier/Fire service/Relief material distributor/emergency service/sanitation worker OR other specified reason)
- Next in the Address section, the Applicant needs to mention the Details of Origin and Destination through providing the following details:
- Police Station
- Post Office
- Post Address section,
- Vehicle Details section will appear. In this initial section, enter :
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Type(Whether Commercial /Non commercial vehicle)
- Vehicle Number
- Total number of seats availability
- Driver Details– Driver riding the vehicle will also be mentioned with the Name, Gender, Age and the Driving License Number
- Co-Passenger Details– This section comprises details of the passenger accompanying the applicant. The details stated below must be mentioned here:
- Name of the Passengers
- Identification Document Number
- Once all the above sections are completed, the Applicant lastly has to tick mark the Undertaking thus providing the consent to be COVID Negative, source and destination not falling under containment zone and declare to abide by the rules made for the COVID19.
- On tapping the submit button on the bottom, the Citizen’s application will be registered successfully for the West Bengal ePass and once the details are verified, He/She will be issued the Pass immediately from the date of applying.
How to track the West Bengal lockdown Pass Status?
Applicants who have registered themselves to check their status online must go through the procedure provided below:
- Go to the Official website of West Bengal State Portal
- On the homepage, Tap on the Inter District Travel / Intra District Travel as per your respective registration category.
- The Track status window will appear on the screen
- Hereby, the Applicant is required to provide the Application ID(created during the time of Registration) and enter the verification code displayed inside the textbox
- Tap on the OK button on the bottom.
- The Application Status of the West Bengal ePass of the registered citizen will be displayed on the screen.
WB ePass portal Helpdesk
In case of inconvenience, queries, complaints, or emergency, the citizens of West Bengal should feel free to call on the Toll-Free Number- 1070 or connect to the WhatsApp Number 9017845555 dropping the message or shall also connect to the following undersigned numbers provided below:
- Police Control Room: 100
- Lalbazar Control Room: 033-22143024 / 3230 / 1310
- West Bengal Police: 033-22144031 / 1946
- Fire: 101
- St. Johns Ambulance (H.Q.): 9830023653,033-24863926
- CESC Low Tension Helpline: 9163398839
- CESC High Tension Helpline: 033-22259157
- Howrah Station, Main Enquiry: 1310 / 1331 / 26602217(New Complex)
- Sealdah Station, Main Enquiry: 033-23503535 (PNT)
- G.R.P. Howrah: 033-26413508
- G.R.P. Sealdah: 033-23503940 / 033-23527573
- Central Blood Bank: 033-23510620
Generally, there are 2 categories alotted under the West Bengal state portal: Inter District and Intra District Travel. Since you are from Asansol, therefore you will need to register into Inter District Travel.
The procedure to apply for West Bengal ePass is to online only. The registrant needs to visit the official website of West Bengal state portal or corona pass portal of Kolkata Police and click on the ePass registration hyperlinks denoted on the homepage.
The West Bengal lockdown was implemented on 16th May till 30th May which is further prone to get extended. The ePass will be valid till the period of the lockdown given the applicant is providing the service on a daily basis