What Is Masked Aadhaar Card?: The Central Government made announcements on the prevention of the misuse of the Aadhaar Card. For this, the Unique Identification Authority of India has launched a special version called Masked Aadhaar Card. This is for all the residents of the country so that they can avoid their aadhar cards being used by the wrong hands. People who want to protect their aadhar card can now easily do so with the help of a Masked Aadhaar Card. This is available on the official portal of UIDAI. If you are concerned about your aadhaar card then you must read this article. We have discussed all the vital details of the masked aadhaar card so that you can protect your identity card without any worries. Read the article with full attention to understand What Is Masked Aadhaar Card?
What Is Masked Aadhaar Card?
The masked version of the aadhaar card is more like a layer of protection from all the culprits. This masks your aadhar card number in your electronic aadhaar so it is not visible to anyone. To explain it more, when you apply for this option, your e-aadhaar card will come out with only the last four digits visible. The other eight digits will be replaced by the ‘x’ character. So, it is basically hiding your numbers from all the other people and thus helps in preventing any fraud, misuse, etc. Your aadhaar number will be shown as xxxx-xxxx last four digits. Now, even if you lost your aadhar card, you don’t have to worry about it being misused. In this article, we have explained why you need to download the masked version of your aadhar card and its usage. In addition, you will get the complete set of instructions for downloading it. So keep on reading the article to get all the information in one place.
- PM Cares For Children Scheme 2022
- JAN Samarth Portal 2022
- MP Sambal Yojana 2.0
- Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana
- Agneepath Yojana
uidai.gov.in Masked Aadhaar Card Overview
|Title of the Article||What Is Masked Aadhaar Card?|
|Concerned Authority||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Concerned Party||Citizens of the Country|
|How to Download?||Online|
|Official UIDAI Portal||https://www.uidai.gov.in/|
Why Do You Need Masked Aadhaar Card?
We prepared this section to make you understand why you should opt for the masked version of the Aadhaar Card. Just like all the other documents that are used for identity verification, Aadhaar card copies are at risk of manipulation and falsification by the fraudsters. There have been events where the scammer used and manipulated the original copy of the aadhar card to get the loan and credit cards. Just like a stranger having mere knowledge of your bank account number can access your money, knowing your aadhaar card number can lead to the same situation if your account is linked with it, which usually is these days. That is why, to avoid these unfortunate situations from happening, opting for a Masked Aadhaar Card is a smart option. With this, only you know what your number is as more than half of the numbers are not disclosed in the e-aadhaar copy.
As for the use of the Masked Aadhaar Card, it can be used for the electronic KYC process because disclosing your aadhar card number is not mandatory at that time. It is categorized as the Official Valid Document for the KYC.
How To Get Your Own Masked Aadhar Card?
You have to download it online so avoid using the internet cafe for this purpose. Even if you do so, make sure you have deleted all the downloaded files from the computer. If you are not aware of how to download it then you can rely on the steps provided below. It will help you in understanding the online procedure and you won’t need help from outside. Read the following steps before carrying out the action:
- Start the process by opening the official site of the concerned authority – https://www.uidai.gov.in/
- Now from the menu bar, put your cursor on the ‘My Aadhaar’ section. A drop-down menu bar will appear. From thereon, you have to click on the option ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Again, on the new page, click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option.
- Here you can proceed further by providing any of the following details:
- 12 Digit Aadhaar Card Number
- 16 Digit Virtual ID
- 28 Digit Enrollment ID
- Enter the number and the captcha details then click on the ‘Send OTP’ button. The password will be sent to your aadhaar-linked mobile number. Enter the OTP and proceed to the next step.
- After that, you need to choose the ‘Masked Aadhaar’ option
- Click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Your masked aadhaar card will be downloaded in pdf format.
- The pdf file will be protected with a password. You need to unlock it by providing the first four letters of your name in CAPITAL and your date of birth in DDDD format.
- Upcoming Bank Exams 2022
- How To Register For TSRTC Free Mock Test For SI And Constable?
- What is ONDC? How It Will Take On Amazon And Flipkart?
- AP Seva Portal 2.0 Registration
- UP ePension Portal 2022
What Is Masked Aadhaar Card?: Related Links
|Download Your Masked Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
|UIDAI Official Portal||https://www.uidai.gov.in/|
Important Information pertaining to the Masked Aadhaar Card has been shared throughout this page. We hope this article helped you in understanding the concept. If you like to ask anything then kindly leave your question in the comment box.