National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022: The Government of India has taken a very good initiative by implementing the National Merit Cum Means Scholarship program. This scheme is basically for students who are financially unstable but are worthy of this scholarship. Every year Ministry of Human Resource And Development sponsors the National Merit Scholarship Program. There are many eligible students who are capable of doing well in their studies but fail to do so due to a lack of money. Here is a very good opportunity for all the praiseworthy students to study for their dream in their preferred school/board.
Update: The NMMS Examination is being conducted in many states. The result will be declared soon.
The registration for the National Merit Scholarship Scheme has started and closes on 15th January 2022. The verification of the institute will be done on the same day. Students who did not register themselves for the scholarship program should get it done before the last date.
National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022
All the students can visit the official website of the National Scholarship program i.e. scholarships.gov.in and register themselves for the scholarship program. Soon the registration process will be closed for everyone.
The scholarship will be provided to all the students who are will qualify for the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The amount of Rs.12000/- per annum will be provided to all eligible students.
|Article Type||National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Name of the scheme||National Merit Cum Mean Scholarship|
|Name of the exam conducting body||Department of School Education and Literacy|
|Scheme Closing date||15th January 2022|
|Scholarship amount||Rs.12000/- per annum|
|Objective||provide scholarships to all the praiseworthy students|
|Beneficial for||All the financially unstable students|
National Merit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All the students who are applying for the scholarship program must go through the eligibility criteria. If any student did not fall under the criteria set by the exam conducting body then he/she is unable to apply for the scholarship. After the registration process is done and then the authority found any incorrect information then your application will be rejected. Here are some eligibility criteria that candidates have to follow before submitting the application form.
- Student applying for the scholarship must hold Indian Nationality.
- The family income of the student should not be more than 1 lack.
- The student must have qualified the previous class to get the scholarship scheme.
- Student must score 55% of marks in their previous to get the scholarship.
- There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
Procedure To Apply For National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022
All the students who haven’t registered yet should do it soon. The authority will not entertain the late submission of the application form. If any student is having difficulty in applying for the scholarship then here you can follow the steps to get yourself registered for the same.
- To apply for the National merit scholarship program first go to the official website of national Scholarship Portal. i.e scholarships.gov.in
- After you drop in to the official website the home page will open. There you have to click on the new registration option that is on the top right side of home page.
- After you have clicked on the registration option new page will open. There you have to read the guidelines and basic instructions.
- After reading the instructions click on the continue option.Then on the new page fill the application form, enter all the required details.
- Then enter the captcha code on the bottom of the page. After that click on the register option and then you will be registered for the schoarship program.
- Students who are facing issue filling the form then they can follow the above steps to successfully register for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
There are some important details that students have to enter in the application form. Students have to fill the application form very carefully and there should not be any incorrect information in the application form. Below are some details that candidates have to enter in the application form.
- Students’s bank details (IFSC code)
- Scholarship category
- Student’s name
- Scheme type
- Gender of the student
- Mobile number
- mail id of the student
- Student’s aadhar number
- Adhaar enrollment id
- Bank passbook
- Bank account number
- State of domicile
- Date of birth.
- Captcha code
National Merit Scholarship Scheme Selection process
The selection of the students will be on the basis of a test, one who qualifies the test will be eligible for the scholarship program. The exam will be conducted state-wise to offer the national Merit cum Mean scholarship program. There will be two tests, if students clear the following tests then they will be eligible for the scholarship program.
- Mental Ability Test – First the exam conducting body will shortlist the application form and then. The Mental ability test will be coducted for all the selcted canidates. The test will be objectiive type, there will be 90 multiple choice questions each question carries equale marks.The exam will be of 90 minutes.The questions will be asked like reasoning,critical thinking etc. student have to qualify the test and one who qualifies this test will be selected for next round. i.e. Scholastic Aptitude Test.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test – Students who qualifies the Mental ability test will be selected for the scholastic aptitude test. The test will be objective type, there will be 90 multipe choice question and the time limit to complete the test is 90 minutes. The questions will be asked from subjects like science,social science, mathematics etc. Students who pass this test will be eligible for the sholarship program.
National Merit Scholarship Result Declaration
The candidates applying for the scholarship program must and has given the above two test. Then it is compulsory for them to qualify for the two tests, clear the SAT and MAT test. The result will be declared soon after the test is over candidates can check their results on the official website. Candidates must score 40% marks in SAT and MAT tests to get the scholarship. There is relaxation for SC/ST students, they must score 32% score to get the scholarship. The scholarship will also be given on the basis of the marks obtained in school. Students must obtain 55% marks in 8th standard and for SC/ST there will be 5% relaxation in scores.
|National Merit Scholarship Scheme Guidelines||Click Here|
|National Merit Scholarship Scheme Application form||Click Here|