National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of India funds deserving students to study abroad. Applicants seeking an opportunity to continue their higher education at an international University should fill out the forms before midnight on the 31st of March, 2023. Students belonging to the minority categories can benefit from this NOSS financial aid program. Check out the eligibility and registration dates of the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023
In this article, we will cover the topics related to the eligibility criteria, slots, benefits and procedure for applying to the NOSS-2023 program. So, the applicants belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans categories will be beneficiaries of this scheme. Application Widow will open from the 15th-31st of March 2023. Inspect the table below to get an overview of this financial aid scheme.
|Name||National Overseas Scholarship Scheme|
|Beneficiary||Scheduled Castes, Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans|
|Courses||Master’s and PhD programs|
|Concerned Authority||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of India|
|Application Begins||15th of February 2023|
|Application Ends||31st March 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Eligibility Criteria for National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023
Applicants are advised to ensure they satisfy the following essential conditions before applying. The candidature will only be considered if they are eligible for the concerned monetary aid.
- Maximum age 35 years on the 1st of April 2023.
- Candidates should belong to the following categories.
|CATEGORIES||NUMBER OF SLOTS|
|Landless- Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||4|
|Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes||6|
- Candidate must have completed the qualifying exam in the respected field with 60% passing marks.
- Post graduation in the relevant field for PhD programs.
- Graduation in the respective subject for the Master’s Program.
- The foreign university should be listed in the top 500 institutions by the QS.
- Applicants should hold an unconditional admission offer letter from the respective institution.
- The financial income should not exceed 8 lacks per annum.
- The award will not be provided to any applicant for the second time.
- Those who have already benefited from central or state scholarships are not entitled to apply.
- No more than two members of the same family can apply.
How to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023?
Registration will only be done online via the official website nosmsje.gov.in. Those satisfying the eligibility and willing to apply for the scheme can follow the steps listed below.
- Visit the online portal of the NOSS.
- Click the register option from the home page.
- The registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill out the details in the form.
- Upload the required documents in the asked format.
- Submit the form.
- Keep a downloaded copy safe for future reference.
Check out these-
Scholarship for Class 12th passed
e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme 2023
Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers’ Children
Telangana Overseas Scholarship 2023 for SC/ST/BC/Minority
Documents Needed for nosmsje.gov.in application
Keep these updated and in the digital format prescribed by the NOSS before sitting down to fill out the application form. Assure that these copies are original and authentic as they will be used for the scrutiny and selection procedures.
- Scanned Signature.
- Aadhaar Card.
- 10th class certificate.
- Address Proof.
- Degree or provisional certificate.
- Marksheet qualification exam.
- Certificate of application from a foreign university.
- Family Income proof.
- Caste Certificate. (if any)
- NOC of the working students.
Benefits of the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
The selected students will receive the award amount for a specified period, viz; 4 years or less to the PhD student. While 3 years or less for those pursuing Masters’s program. Have a look at the benefits provided by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of India.
- Tuition fee covered.
- Visa charges.
- Medical Insurance.
- Arbitrary Tour and Equipment expenses 20 US dollars.
- Maintenance allowances of 9900 GB pounds for the UK and 15400 US Dollars for other countries annually.
- Contingency Assistance of 1100 GB pounds for the UK and 1500 US Dollars for other countries including the USA.
- Transportation charges.
- For details regarding return journey expenses and the method of receiving the funds, refer to the official notice.
Selected students should take admissions within 1 or 2 years of their selection or before the expiry of their admission offer letter from the QS-ranked university. Applicants are advised to apply for the visa themselves (only a J-1 visa will be accepted by the MSJE). The candidates should seek admission to foreign universities themselves.
Selection Process of the National Overseas Scholarship
After the applications are received during the 45 days registration window, the MSJE authorities will shortlist the applications based on specific parameters.
- Foreign university admission offers will be put in descending order of their QS ranking.
- Applicants with the same ranking will be merit listed, as per their scores in the qualifying examinations.
- Selection-cum-Screening Committee will select the eligible candidates for the award.
- The applicants on the waiting list will be considered till the 31st of March 2023.
- Wait-listed candidates are eligible to apply for the next year to cover 50% of reserved seats.
- Chosen students already admitted into the foreign university shall be granted provisional scholarships.
|Apply||National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Register|
|Read||National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Notice PDF|
|Official Website||NOSS Home page|
|Visit||NVS RO Home|
Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants can fill out the form till midnight on the 31st of March, 2023.
Visit the online portal nosmsje.gov.in to apply for the international scholarship.
Scholars will get Maintenance allowances of 9900 GB pounds and Contingency Assistance of 1100 GB pounds. The MSJE will also cover their tuition fee and travel expenses.
Applicants should take admissions within 1 or 2 years of their pick, or before the expiry of their admission offer letter.
Apply for the National Overseas Scholarship through www.nosmsje.gov.in.