PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020 | PMGKY Scheme: प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना as the Lockdown has increased up to 3rd May 2020 so the problems of every common and VIP in the country. In this article, we have shared all the yojana that central and state government has come up with to help the poor and lower class citizen of India like 1.70 लाख करोड़ रुपये राहत पैकेज.
Everyone has their problems caused by this KOVID-19 Lockdown but the people from the lower class are facing very basic issues like they don’t have anything to eat and they don’t have much savings in hand as well. To help this problem the Central and State government both have launched many schemes and PM Garib Kalyan Yojna 2020 is one of them.
Also Check: COVID-19 E-Pass Apply Online
The government of India announced a package of 1.70 lakh crore rupees on 26th March 2020 to help the poor people. Under this scheme, the government of India has introduced a relief package of 1.7 lakh crore. This scheme aims to help the poorest of the poor people, farmers, needy women, widows, wage workers, physically challenged people, SHG, migrant workers, and others in the present situation of Lockdown.
- 1 PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020
- 2 प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना
- 3 Scheme Under PMGKY 2020
- 4 PM Garib Kalyan Ann (अन्न) Yojana
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020
Under this scheme, the people will get the benefits in the form of money directly in their bank accounts. Further in this post, we have compiled the detailed information about प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना (PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020) or PMGKY 2020.
|Scheme Launched By||Central Government|
|Beneficiary||Poorest of the poor people|
|Name of Scheme||प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना (PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020)|
|Type of package||Corona Relief Package|
|Relief package amount||₹1.70 Lakh Crore ($24 billion)|
|Date of announcement||26th March 2020|
|Announced by||Ministry of Finance|
|Scope of the package||PAN India|
PMGKY Scheme 2020
The PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020 was introduced by the Central Government on 26 March 2020. Under this scheme, the government includes all the benefits announced for the Lockdown period. Schemes like monetary benefits to Jhan Dhan Account holders, benefits to MNREGA families, senior citizens, widows, disabled citizens, ration supplies, LPG facilities to Ujjwala Yojana Beneficiaries, farmers, daily wage earners, EPF benefits, Insurance to frontline corona warriors, etc are covered under PM Garib Kalyan Yojna 2020.
This scheme will help those people who are affected by the lockdown. It includes the poor people who work daily and the frontline warriors who are helping the nation in combating Corona.
Further in this article, we have compiled detailed information about PM Garib Kalyan Package 2020 and schemes. Before moving further here have a look at the table given below to get quick information about the benefits under different schemes;
प्रधानमंत्री गरीब कल्याण योजना
|Ration cardholder (Approx 80 Cr people will be beneficiaries)||5 kg ration free of cost additionally|
|Frontline Corona Warriors like Doctors, Police, etc.||Insurance of 50 lakh|
|Farmers (Under PM Kissan Samman Yojna)||2000/- (In April first week)|
|Women that hold Jan Dhan Accounts||Rs. 500/- for next three months|
|Pensioners like Widower, poor citizens, disabled, senior citizens||1000/- (for next three month)|
|Women enrolled in Ujjawala Scheme||Cylinder for the next three months will be free of cost|
|SHGs||To get an extra 10 lakh collateral loan|
|For Construction Worker||A fund of 31000 cr has been allotted to them|
|EPF||24% (12% +12%) will be paid by the government for the next three month|
Scheme Under PMGKY 2020
Here we have compiled the information in detail about all the schemes come under PMGKY 2020, have a look at them.
Insurance for Health workers in Government and HCC (Health Care Centres)
In today’s time when the country is fighting against the deadly disease, the health workers are on risk. Health workers are the frontline fighters as they come in touch with Corona affected people more frequently. So this scheme provides insurance cover to all the frontline corona warriors including all the health workers (medical, paramedics, etc.) and all the safai karmcharis. These people are fighting daily against the pandemic. Here have a look at the relief package this scheme has-
- This scheme is not only for the doctors only but sanitation workers (Safai karamcharis), nurses, ward-boys, paramedical staff, ASHA works, specialists, technicians, and other health workers are also eligible to get the benefits under this scheme.
- In this scheme approx 22 lakh people will get the benefit of insurance. All the health care staff of government hospitals, health centers, wellness centers of State and Centre govt. will get an insurance cover. The insurance will cover ant loss to these Corona warriors due to pandemic.
- Under the scheme, the beneficiary will get the compensation of Rs.50 lakh if they meet with some accident or health-related issue while treating any COVID patient.
A benefit to Farmers under PMGKY 2020
The central government of India Introduced the PM Kissan Samman Yojna in 2019. Under this scheme, the Farmers with small and medium land ownership will get Rs. 6,000/- PA in three installments. A total of 8.7 crore farmers are covered in this scheme.
To help the farmers in this difficult time the government has released the instalment of Rs. 2000 due on 2020-21 to all the farmers registered under this scheme. Few farmers have received the instalment of PM Kissan Samman Yojna and rest will get the amount in their bank account soon.
Help for Self-Help Groups (SHG)
Those who are connected with the SHG group will get an extra 10 lakh rupees collateral loan. Under this scheme approx 63 lakhs SHG workers will get help. As of now, more than 7 crore families are getting benefits under this scheme. Like earlier, they are getting 10 lakh but with this new announcement, the total will be 20 lakhs collateral loan.
Cash Transfers under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
As we all know that daily wage workers are the most affected ones in today’s Lockdown time but if we are to stay safe then we will have to be at home only. To help those who are not having sufficient savings the central government has launched a cash transfer scheme. Under these schemes, the eligible people will get the cash assistance directly in their bank account. Here have a look at the different schemes-
- Cash Transfer to Women – Those women who get their bank account opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna will get the benefit of Rs. 500/- per month for the next three months.
- Ujjawala Yojna– Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was introduced to provide the LPG gas cylinder to the poor families. Under this scheme approx Eight crore families are registered. Now, these ladies will get provided free gas cylinders for the next three months.
- MNREGA cardholders- Under the MNREGA scheme all over India approx 13.26 crore people are connected. Under this scheme, the government has increased the minimum wages by Rs. 20 and now the MNERGA cardholder will get a wage of Rs.202.
- Assistance to Citizens disables (Divyang) & Widows– People who are senior citizens, disabled or widows will get an assistance of Rs.1,000/- for the next three months.
- Assistance to low wagers in organized sectors- For those who are working in the organised sector and earning less than Rs 15,000 per month will get the benefits in their PF. A business or company setting with 100 employees will be provided 24% of their monthly salary in their Provident Funds for the next 3 months. This step has been taken as such wage earners are at high risk of losing their jobs in such contingencies. Under this package, the government proposes to pay 24 percent of their monthly wages into their PF accounts for the next three months.
Also Check: Aarogya Setu App APK
PM Garib Kalyan Ann (अन्न) Yojana
To provide the food grain to 80 crores households during and after the Lockdown the government has introduced this PM Garib Kalyan scheme. These 80 crore households will get the food grain advanced for the next three months. The food grains can be offered at a minimal rate Or rates lower than the existing rates to others. Most of the families have already been provided their entitlements and for remaining families, it is under process. Along with food grains, the poor and needy people will also get 1 kg of pulses.
Recommended: COVID-19 E-Pass लिंक
Other Schemes covered under PMGKY 2020
- Organized sector– Employees of the organised sector who are working with companies and registered under EPF will be allowed to withdraw three months of wages or advance of 75% of the amount from their accounts.
- Welfare fund for Construction Worker- Building and other construction sector offers jobs to a huge number of people. Now as these activities are stopped so the government will provide a welfare fund to the people working under this sector.
- District Mineral Fund (DMF)- To prevent the spread of the pandemic and to treat the affected people the administration can use the funds available under DMF.
Here we have compiled the detailed information about PMGKY 2020 Corona Relief package. If you have any question in mind related to this subject then feel free to write to us in the comment box below, we shall get back to you soon.