PM Ujjwala Yojana 2020 Apply Now:- There are around more than 24 crores household out of which 10 crores are not having the gas connection they are still deprived of it, and they all depend upon the firewood, dung and other items to cook their food.
But on 1st May 2016, our Hon’ble Prime Minister has launched the scheme Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna under which all the households who are not having a gas connection and belong to the BPL family will be provided gas connection. Below in this article, we have discussed the PM Ujjwala Yojana in detail, so if you want to know more about it go through this article.
Note: Under the PMGKY scheme the government of India is giving a free cylinder to all the people who have a gas connection under the PM Ujjwala Yojana for the next three months.
- 1 PM Ujjwala Yojana 2020
- 2 What are the main modalities of the PMUY scheme?
- 3 Selection of Beneficiary Under the Ujjwala Scheme
- 4 PMUY.gov.in Ujjwala Yojna 2020: Overview
- 5 PM Ujjwala Yojana Application Forms
- 6 PMUY List of Connection 2020
- 7 Steps to apply for PM Free Gas Yojana
- 8 Check the New List of PMUY Free Gas 2020
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2020
As we said above that, the scheme was launched in 2016 in various states of India and while launching this scheme the government has targeted that around 5 Cr LPG connection will be provided to BPL families of Rs 1600 per connection and the main focus of the scheme is in our rural areas where women still rely on the firewood, charcoal and other material for their cooking and because of this, the smoke came out is so harmful to them and it adversely affects their health and it causes lots of health issues like respiratory disease, etc.
इसे भी देखिये: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List 2020
And according to the report of ‘WHO’, the smoke inhaled by the women’s while cooking is equal to the 400 cigarettes in an hour. So to safeguard the health of women, this scheme has been launched and the budget issued for this scheme is around 8000 CR.
www.pmujjwalayojana.com PM Ujjwala Yojna 2020
As the scheme launched in 2016 till now millions of household’s families have taken the benefit of this scheme and there are around 715 districts where we have the active happy customer of the scheme. The process of identification of BPL families was done through the socio-economic caste census data.
What are the main modalities of the PMUY scheme?
There are some points which you all need to be understand for the scheme and below we have listed some point related to it:
- The connection under the scheme will be issued to the women member of the BPL family.
- Under the scheme priority will be given to the SC/ST BPL families and also the state having low LPG coverage than the national average.
- Under this scheme cash assistance of Rs, 1600/- per connection will be given by the government to each New connection and which must comprise of
- A security deposit of Rs 14.2 kg/5kg cylinder
- A security deposit of pressure regulator
- Suraksha hose (1.2M)
- Installation charges payable to the distributor
- Cost of issue of DGCC booklet
- While the connection charges will be reimbursed by the government of India.
Selection of Beneficiary Under the Ujjwala Scheme
For the PMUY the selection of beneficiary will be done through, by identifying the BPL families from the SECC list or BPL family covered under any one of the following categories:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojna (AAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Gramin)
- SC/ST households
- Forest dwellers
- Most backward classes
- Tea and Ex-tea garden tribes
- People residing in islands and river islands
PMUY.gov.in Ujjwala Yojna 2020: Overview
|Scheme name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY)|
|Scheme launched in||1 May 2016|
|Department of||Ministry of petroleum and natural gas|
|Type of scheme||Central Government-funded|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|A beneficiary of the scheme||BPL families|
|Fund issued||8000 Crore|
Documents Required for PM उज्ज्वला योजना 2020
There are few documents which are required for the scheme to be submitted while applying for, and below we have listed all the documents:
- BPL Certificate which was issued by the Municipality chairman for (urban region) or from panchayat (rural region).
- One photo identity proof (could be Aadhaar card/voter card or any other available).
- BPL ration card.
- All family members Aadhaar number.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant which must be recently clicked.
- Caste certificate
- Address proof
- Declaration form which must be signed by the applicant
- Applicant Jan Dhan bank account details and bank passbook for DBT
PM Ujjwala Yojana Application Forms
To apply for the Ujjwala Yojana applicants need to download the application form which was available in Hindi and English and along with the application form you also need to submit the KYC (know your customer) form both these form were available on the official website.
Also Check: बिहार कोरोना सहायता Yojana App डाउनलोड करे
Steps to download the application form online
Below have given some steps which on following you can download the application form online
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of PMUY
- On the home page of the website you can easily find the link of download application form
- Now select the language of your choice (English or Hindi)
- And once you select the language the application form will appear to you in PDF format
- Save the file and take a print out of it
- You can also download the application form from the direct link given on this page
Direct link of Application form
- PMUY Application form in English: Click here
- KYC Form In English: Click here
- PMUY Application form in Hindi: Click here
- KYC form in Hindi: Click here
PMUY List of Connection 2020
As the data collected on 7 September 2020 till now there are 80339993 PMUY connections across various states of India, below we have given the list of the table of all state connection under the PMUY scheme.
|States||Number of connection|
|Andaman and Nicobar||13103|
|Dadar and Nagar Haveli||14438|
|Daman and Diu||427|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1203246|
Also Check: Vidhwa Pension Yojana List
Steps to apply for PM Free Gas Yojana
Applicants if you fall under the category who can apply for the new gas connection under the PMUY then you just need to follow some steps which we have given below. However, the application form will be submitted through offline mode but the form will be available online and offline by both means.
Steps for application are given as:
- First of all, you need to download the application from the link given on this page
- Download the form in that language that you suitable most.
- After downloading the form fill all the details which are mentioned in it like
- Applicant’s name
- Age Address
- Date of application
- AHL tin no
- Applicant’s signature
- Paste the photograph at the required place
- Apply with all the required documents and KYC form to the nearest LPG distributor
- Once you submitted the form your details and document swill be verified and after successfully verified they will issue the connection
Check the New List of PMUY Free Gas 2020
To check the new list of the applicant who had applied for the gas connection will be done through the official portal by following some steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website PMUY
- On the home page click on the link of New list
- As you clicked the new list of the beneficiary will available to your screen
- Now you can check the name in the list
Revised of PMUY
When the scheme initially launched then the government has targeted 5 crore household but in the year 2018, they had revised the scheme to target the 8 crores and to achieve this target government has launched the extended PMUY with some changes, you can check the revised details of the PMUY from the link given below
Frequently Asked Questions
For the next three months, all the Ujjwala gas connection holders will get a free cylinder.
Only such households can apply for the PMUY scheme who belongs to the BPL families.
The scheme launched on 1 May 2016.
The prime minister of India launched the scheme.
To apply for the PMUY you need to fill the application form first and then submit it with all the related documents to the nearest LPG distributor.
To apply for the Extended PMUY scheme you need to submit Aadhaar card, ration card, BPL card, and the declaration certificate which must be signed by the applicant but in the state of Assam and Meghalaya Aadhaar card is not required.
Yes, you can choose either a 5kg SBC (single bottled cylinder) or 14.kg SBC or 5 KG DBC.
Yes, you can switch between them for more information regarding switching you may contact the distributor provider.
There is a national helpline number for the scheme which is 1906 or 18002666696
Yes, the scheme is active right now.